If I am not mistaken, I believe the point of your ud is to eat to your TDEE. In your example you have ingestion on ud over the TDEE.
I believe that your current experiment is working for you, if that is the case, I believe you would be ill advised to tweak it.
Also, reading the "sweet geek" blog, she mentions that higher ketones did not, for her, equate to weight loss. Interesting stuff.
Using the JUDDD calculator my UD comes in 100cals over my TDEE. However the point I was trying to make is that you are unlikely to burn body fat on a UD.
As for my n=1. It is NOT working for me. I am just bouncing around in one spot. However, having never tracked weight on a daily basis before I learning how my body works so have resigned myself to staying on track for the next 4 weeks whatever happens. Also I work outside & its too cold here to stick to 350cals. But I confess if you & RMS123 continue to get great results I will probably try it for 3 months from May. I just like to work through the logic first. I must be a geek as I find it all fascinating lol.
That is why I love Pebbles for starting the EMF thread & so introducing me to you all. We can all see how each others n=1 is working & learn so much.
PS I am SO looking forward to you tracking blood ketones whilst doing JUDDD. It will enable you to put all the theory to the test
Lots of good discussion here. I'll probably respond throughout the day.
Weight 159.2. Up 1 pound from my last DD. Surprising in some respects (I've had a great last 2 days), but not others. This is week 3, which is usually a crazy week for weight loss and ovulation, which does strange stuff as well.
Sleep is...better. I'm now waking up around 4 am (which is really better than 3 am). To break my 3 am habit, I've had to no go to the bathroom before bed, so that I wake up earlier (when it's easier for me to fall back asleep). If I can get it back to 5 am, I'll be happy.
FBS - 67.
Will attempt to figure out this google docs thing today if I can get back on the computer.
wow, FBS of 67, fantastic!
my dd weight is up as well. But to be fair I have yet to have a dd as prescribed by the protocol. I will write about it in my journal, but I feel like the things I am learning will serve me well when I get serious about this next week.
I'm going to try and track it a little better and see if I notice any patterns. Honestly, though, my FBS tends to be in the 60s and 70s, at least the few times I've checked. But, wish I had checked after some really high protein days
I agree..awesome fbs!! It makes me see how out of whack mine is..lol
I am following yours and Chris`s mfp..
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
What am I doing? Depends on the day.
well pay no attention to my MFP yesterday, I did not bother to track the nibbles that occurred during dinner prep.
Good things about JUDDD.
* Feeling hunger
* Keeping my body guessing
* Eating really high & really low
* Structure -- It helps to have a plan for going up and down
* When combined with NK, no real hunger (DD hunger is mild & manageable)
* Nice to have a high day to enjoy foods that would ordinarily not fit
* Helping me get to my goal of 1 meal per day
Not so good
* Structure (yes, I think it's good and bad)
* Calorie counting (although I do this anyway, so it's a small downside
* Feeling almost forced to eat on UDs. Like, today, I'm ready to stop at 1100 calories. I'm done.
* UDs are difficult with NK. I feel like I'm eating fat for the sake of fat. Not natural. Of course, some of it I could work by adding more fat to my cooking...just not natural. Hard when I need to limit carbs to~10 g and protein around 50-55 g.