Page 154 of 303 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204254 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 3029

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 154

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I use a 5 day average. Although you get a lag it tends to smooth things out a bit more & gives you a definable trend

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    Tell me about the pemmican you get from US Wellness. Do you get it in the pail or in the sticks. What does it taste like?
    Karin - US Wellness has a 7 lb, $75 min. However, I have heard that if you call them, they will work with you to get a sample bar to try. If they would not, I usually order 1x/month (probably mid-April) and would be happy to get you a bar or two to sample.

Quote Originally Posted by Ddraig Goch View Post
    Fantastic news about the loss. I am curious to know though (assuming you track your calories daily) if your average daily calorie in take over the period you have been doing JUDDD is greater or less than the average taken for the same length of time pre JUDDD
    My average is definitely lower. I have suspected that I needed this, but was resistant. UD/DD seems a much easier way to achieve this. Now, I just need to get my protein inline (consistent on a daily basis)

I suspect this is why this type of diet works for most people. The fact that you can have the thing you might be craving tomorrow (by which time you probably wont want it anyway) without any of the guilt, stops people tending to over eat.
    It is helping me, for sure. And, yes, by the next day, I don't really want it. I want my beef, etc.

Tedious at first I agree, but any successful weight loss requires some sort of accurate calorie tracking else how do you prolong the weight loss after the first whoosh? If you tend to eat the same things it gets easier over time (Another option is to create a set of set meals so you don’t have to track everything, only the meal totals). Also I tend to portion things up before storing it so it all becomes less of an issue.
    MFP and my app are lifesavers. And, I do tend to eat the same things, unless I'm traveling for work, so it's not all that bad. I've been weighing (a bigger pain) because my eyes are still terrible judges of portion sizes. I'm either way over or way under (neither consistently).

Can’t you drink water?
    I can, but if I'm cold and/or tired (which is usually the case when I travel), then the liquid runs right through me. But, in these meetings (or especially if I'm testifying at a hearing), I don't get a lot of bathroom breaks

Carbs are optional as far as the body goes. If they don’t help, don’t eat them.

Less is probably more re protein & NK. Eating slightly too much will nock you out of NK. If you are cycling in & out this may be contributing to the headaches. Low days & high days exacerbate the problem. You should be aiming to keep the protein & carb levels the same & seeing the fat% go up or down depending on whether it is UD or DD

The other thing to remember with protein & NK is that when NK is firmly established, the optimal protein level will be reduced as the brain switches over to ketones so the protein feeding the brain will no longer be required.

As for losing muscle mass. All the studies I have read so far suggest this isn’t the case on NK as muscle mass is only lost if the body is nutritionally starving & hence forced to cannibalise muscle in order to feed the brain. As the body optimises fat oxidisation from body fat, it can’t starve until body fat % gets into single figures [I](NB: some muscle mass loss is inevitable as fat cells contain mitochondria i.e. muscle mass which will be lost as the empty fat cells die off & are not regenerated)
    Started working on this today.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    when I go back and check my weekly chart in MFP, it shows just how bad I have been in tracking, which usually means I gave up because I was out of control or in a restaurant.
    Happens to me, too. Especially when I travel. Sometimes, I don't have the energy to try and figure it out! I'm still not sure that I'm not off. I can't often figure out how much meat they really gave me.
    Last edited by RMS123; 03-25-2013 at 06:05 PM.
    -- Ruth

Haircut

For those of you who know where I am on Pinterest, can you go to my Hair/Makeup board and tell me which short haircut you like? I have one in mind (which I'll share later), but am interested in your thoughts. Thanks

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    For those of you who know where I am on Pinterest, can you go to my Hair/Makeup board and tell me which short haircut you like? I have one in mind (which I'll share later), but am interested in your thoughts. Thanks
    Do you have straight hair or wavy? How long is it now?

Straight. Very fine. Very thin. Doesn't hold curl worth a darn. It's grown to right about my shoulders.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    ok then I like the one that is chin length (or slightly longer) and wispy, with the longer bangs. Short bangs are hard to pull off if you are over 20, and unless you have a long face (which is doesn't look like you do) the heavy straight bang will likely make your face look rounder. The wispy look goes well with fine straight hair and will look good with very little maintenance.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I will contact them about the pemmican sample but if they can not send me one, I will send you some money to add a couple to your order.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

9-Mar 161.2 UD
    10-Mar 161.4 DD
    11-Mar 162.6 UD
    12-Mar 162.4 DD
    13-Mar 162.4 UD
    14-Mar 162.2 DD
    15-Mar 161.4 UD
    16-Mar 162.0 DD
    17-Mar DNW UD
    18-Mar 161.2 DD
    19-Mar 160.2 UD
    20-Mar 161.0 DD
    21-Mar DNW UD
    22-Mar DNW DD
    23-Mar DNW UD
    24-Mar 159.6 DD
    25-Mar 158.2 UD
    26-Mar 159.6 DD

Holding steady, which I am happy with It was a good UD, well within my calorie and protein limits...although I should have skipped dinner. I wasn't really hungry and then I felt too full and bloated afterward. The point of this is to learn to listen to my body, right?

Not sure what is on the food agenda for my DD -- maybe some steak that I have defrosting (although it should probably be my ground beef/heart/liver combo).

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I have a corned beef thawing in the fridge. I figure, tonight my bone broth should be done (I can have this on a DD, right?) and then pop the corned beef in the crock pot for an UD.

holding steady is good!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

PrimalCon New York
    I LOVE bone broth on a DD. Very helpful...especially in those early days! I would thin it with water and drink several mugs. Plus, it's so good for you