Page 152 of 329 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 3288

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 152

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    WOOHOO on the weight dipping!

You have some interesting findings about hunger. How are you getting through the hunger on the DD? About the headaches, it could be the weather too. As for the sleep, have you tried aromatherapy?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Re: headaches. I very much think the weather is contributing. Warm/cold/warm/cold. March winds and a lot of dirt. Stress as well. I can tell I'm clenching my teeth.

I have not yet tried AT for sleep. Something to consider.

Re: DD hunger. I start with a BIG glass of water (I'm usually parched anyway) and then some tea. If I'm busy, it goes away (it's a lot mental). After I have my early lunch, I'm usually fine. Sometimes feel like I need a small snack around 4, but not always. Again - so much of it is mental. I'm used to eating at set times.

I just got done reading articles about drinking water,a detox or water with lemon 1st thing in the morning.

New Nostalgia: 5 Reasons To Drink Lemon Water In The Morning

and

Lipstick, Heels & a Baby: My Metabolism boosting detox drink

Planning to start this although I need to go to the grocery store. Of course, being gone, my fridge is empty anyway..lol
    Karin

I'm loving water (especially my carbonated water), fresh lemon juice, and a few drops of stevia.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    On my down days i have my morning tea as iced so it is larger. Today, and when i am home, I have it with a cup of homemade coconut milk that way I can put off lunch. This allows me to cut into the witching hour with the lunch and not have to worry about snacking. Truly most of the time the hunger subsides.

Tell me about the pemmican you get from US Wellness. Do you get it in the pail or in the sticks. What does it taste like?
    Karin

I got a pail. It is an acquired taste! I would get a bar or two first. I now really like it....but did NOT in the beginning. Looks easy to make, I just haven't found the energy.

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    9-Mar 161.2 UD
    24-Mar 159.6 DD .
    Fantastic news about the loss. I am curious to know though (assuming you track your calories daily) if your average daily calorie in take over the period you have been doing JUDDD is greater or less than the average taken for the same length of time pre JUDDD

* Still not going crazy on my UDs. I enjoy food, but don't go to town. .
    I suspect this is why this type of diet works for most people. The fact that you can have the thing you might be craving tomorrow (by which time you probably wont want it anyway) without any of the guilt, stops people tending to over eat.

* Recognizing that I use food when I want to procrastinate something. .
    This is me I have come to realize. Recognising it for what it is has made a huge difference to my actually doing it.

* Counting calories. .
    Tedious at first I agree, but any successful weight loss requires some sort of accurate calorie tracking else how do you prolong the weight loss after the first whoosh? If you tend to eat the same things it gets easier over time (Another option is to create a set of set meals so you don’t have to track everything, only the meal totals). Also I tend to portion things up before storing it so it all becomes less of an issue.

* Liquids. Sitting in meetings all day is NOT conducive to staying hydrated. .
    Can’t you drink water?

* Stomach cramps after eating greens. .
    Carbs are optional as far as the body goes. If they don’t help, don’t eat them.

* Protein. Am I getting enough, too little, or too much? Does it matter that one day is kinda low and the other is kinda high?
    * Am I losing muscle mass? Doesn't feel or look like it.....but no real way to tell.
    Less is probably more re protein & NK. Eating slightly too much will nock you out of NK. If you are cycling in & out this may be contributing to the headaches. Low days & high days exacerbate the problem. You should be aiming to keep the protein & carb levels the same & seeing the fat% go up or down depending on whether it is UD or DD

The other thing to remember with protein & NK is that when NK is firmly established, the optimal protein level will be reduced as the brain switches over to ketones so the protein feeding the brain will no longer be required.

As for losing muscle mass. All the studies I have read so far suggest this isn’t the case on NK as muscle mass is only lost if the body is nutritionally starving & hence forced to cannibalise muscle in order to feed the brain. As the body optimises fat oxidisation from body fat, it can’t starve until body fat % gets into single figures (NB: some muscle mass loss is inevitable as fat cells contain mitochondria i.e. muscle mass which will be lost as the empty fat cells die off & are not regenerated)

Here's to your next few weeks of JUDDD success
    Last edited by Ddraig Goch; 03-25-2013 at 04:24 AM. Reason: grammar

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    I just got done reading articles about drinking water,a detox or water with lemon 1st thing in the morning.

New Nostalgia: 5 Reasons To Drink Lemon Water In The Morning

and

Lipstick, Heels & a Baby: My Metabolism boosting detox drink

Planning to start this although I need to go to the grocery store. Of course, being gone, my fridge is empty anyway..lol
    I have been drinking 1/2 lemon squeezed in hot water first thing for years to help boost liver function. The trick is to not eat or drink anything for approx 1hr afterwards to give the liver time to receive the benefits without contamination from anything else.

Re the lipstick etc drink. Although it all sounds good, I wonder how much of each of the vitamins etc mentioned are actually ingested this way (ie leached onto the water & not actually eaten). Not a lot I would think (sounds like a nice drink though)
    Last edited by Ddraig Goch; 03-25-2013 at 04:36 AM. Reason: clarification

9-Mar 161.2 UD
    10-Mar 161.4 DD
    11-Mar 162.6 UD
    12-Mar 162.4 DD
    13-Mar 162.4 UD
    14-Mar 162.2 DD
    15-Mar 161.4 UD
    16-Mar 162.0 DD
    17-Mar DNW UD
    18-Mar 161.2 DD
    19-Mar 160.2 UD
    20-Mar 161.0 DD
    21-Mar DNW UD
    22-Mar DNW DD
    23-Mar DNW UD
    24-Mar 159.6 DD
    25-Mar 158.2 UD

Basically back to my "holding" weight before 2 cashew incidents. The question is now: can I get lower?

More later...