Page 146 of 349 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196246 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 3488

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 146

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    DG - I think you are smart. I'm prone to change things too fast. As long as I don't see a 5 or greater pound gain, I'm willing to give this a try

Full IF tends to be too much for me (maybe more so mentally than anything), but my preliminary results show that this is totally doable.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    your data is most interesting. I am curious as to the pattern we might find etc.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    not smart - just desperate. nothing has worked in the past to give me a sustainable downward trend over a long period so now I want to work out properly what will.

Re JUDD I have a question:

If I was going to do this NK then my down days (352 cals by his calculator - I assume you use current weight not HSIS) would need to consist of 46g protein (184 cals) leaving me with 168 cals fat (18g).This would give me an almost 50:50 split. Because of the lack of total cals would the body not convert the protein into glucose & thus kick me out of NK?

PS: have just worked out I could so this on 553 cals with ratio 32-3-64 which comes just under Phinney's fat range but I think the question still holds true

UPDATE: Have just ordered Michael Mosley's Fast Diet from the library. Will report back when I have read it
    Last edited by Ddraig Goch; 03-15-2013 at 11:23 AM. Reason: update

I don't think so. Here's why. [Although note my caveat - it's not like I've had phenomenal sucess and I don't have a blood ketone monitor. However, I read like crazy and have probably read most everything on the internet related to NK]

First, P&V say that you should first lock in protein and carbs, and then use fat as a level. For most people, that's going to leave fat, as a %, between 65-80%. So, that says to me that it's not the % that matters so much, but that you never eat too many grams of carbs or protein.

Second, and more anecdotally, I've read out on the net of people doing well with limited calories and not hitting the fat percent. They just watched the protein levels.

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Thanks that was my take as well. Its just that lots of people seem to be against low cal eating I was beginning to doubt myself. Its always good to get a second opinion. I will definitely be trying this in a couple of weeks if the weight loss doesn't move forward.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I'll be watching to see how your second week goes. Good luck with the travel challenges. I have been tracking my weight, even though I got into this for non-weight reasons. I think my results are atypical though, due to where in my cycle I am, so I'm going to resist posting numbers for a while. I am surprised that you didn't go down a little after the down days, though, even if you went back up. But then, it wasn't that straightforward for me, either. Be interesting to see what happens now that you are 'broke in'.

Here's my thinking on calories. Eat as much as you can and still lose weight. I've tried higher cal, even with a NK framework, and all I did was gain weight that was hard to lose. I need lower calories to lose. It helps to have a better composition of food, but I still need less. Maybe it's because I have a desk job and don't get much activity. I wish I could eat as much as others, but I can't. Paleobird, who is taller than me, said something like she was eating 1200-1400 calories per day while losing. That tells me that my 1000-1200 is probably okay, as long as I focus on nutrition (it's hard though, when other people can each more and not as strict).

We shall see if I manage to lose any weight on JUDDD or not. It's almost too much to be hopeful - since most things don't seem to work for me But, I'm bound and determined to lose this for good, so I'll keep trying!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Do you remember the title of the post on lowcarbfriends for the lady who is doing many 35-calorie meals throughout the day? I've looked, but nothing pops out at me.

Crud. I read so much. Let me see if I can find it....

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    162. That's a GREAT number coming after my UD. Hopefully the scale starts trending down. I'm a little nervous for my DD today -- driving with DH and not as many liquids (because we won't stop much!). I'm excited to see Karin & I LOVE road trips, especially with DH, where I have him trapped in a car (and the cell service is terrible) and he's all mine and he has to have the kind of conversation I like. He he.

Sabine - couldn't find the thread last night, but will keep looking. Unfortunately, I won't get much time this weekend with my CO trip.