Page 145 of 339 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155195245 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 3384

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 145

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think you have to be in the right place for it. I actually thought long and hard. But, I can't cut out many more food groups. I don't want daily calories to be much lower. I was getting desperate.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    you were spot on, just seems high!

Apparently there is a documentary on 5:2 (5 up days and 2 down days a week) that is supposed to air April 3rd.

I will give it a shot with you. Tomorrow will likely be an up day as I will be eating lunch and dinner out. I will make Saturday a down day. I will plan to do at least 2 down days a week until I get done with the travel in April. I would much rather go a day without eating if I can have sweet creamy things on the days I can eat!
    Last edited by demuralist; 03-14-2013 at 01:05 PM.

If you average the 2 days, you get 1351/day. Or, if you ate 500 on your dd, you average 1376. Honestly, the up days are so very lovely, that the down days are okay. And, I haven't had the urge to binge or go wild -- for me, 1700 calories is a lot and I can enjoy myself (even with all of my restrictions).

It would be so nice if this actually worked

Yes. Apparently 5/2 is really popular in the UK. I think there was a BBC special on it that was well done.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    watching your progress...
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

you are right, I did the math in my head and somehow came out that it was much higher than that. Note to self, no mental math at the end of the day!

So I always eat a salad when I eat out cause it is the only way I can get enough veggies. I will just eat 2 different salads tomorrow, with my normal breakfast stuff and I should fall within the limits as long as I am reasonable with the dressing.

If you are not as restricted as me, the DDs can actually have a decent amount of food.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    you are right, I did the math in my head and somehow came out that it was much higher than that. Note to self, no mental math at the end of the day!

So I always eat a salad when I eat out cause it is the only way I can get enough veggies. I will just eat 2 different salads tomorrow, with my normal breakfast stuff and I should fall within the limits as long as I am reasonable with the dressing.
    your doing up/down?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

yep, I am thinking before I do anything drastic like give up cream, butter, and stevia, I will just do a version of IF. I will probably start with 5/2 while traveling, although sitting in a car for 10 hours may be the perfect time to do a down day!

Primal JUDDD Week 1 - The Results Are In

Almost a week has come and gone. Under JUDDD, my calculated UDs are 1780 and DDs are 356, though for the first 2 weeks, I'm targeting 500, but am willing to go up to 700 if needed. I'm targeting 65-80% fat, however, I'm a little more focused on trying to eat mostly animal products.

Here's a summary of my results.

9-Mar 161.2 UD 1705 Fall into cashews after VLC 4 mile walk
    10-Mar 161.4 DD 596 1150 4 mile walk
    11-Mar 162.6 UD 1799 TOM + Sat effects? 2 mile walk
    12-Mar 162.4 DD 421 1110 TOM
    13-Mar 162.4 UD 1675 TOM
    14-Mar 162.2 DD 610 1143 TOM
    15-Mar 161.4 UD

If you look at Saturday and then today, you'll think, what a waste, no weight loss. However, I think my point of comparison Monday (162.6), which I'm pretty sure is the result of the ill-fated cashews. I think this for several reasons: (i) I am usually VLC - like 10-12 carbs a day, mostly from egg whites, liver, etc. That day was 49. Yeah. I think there was carb bloat going on!; and (ii) I'm very sensitive to nuts, and cashews especially. I know this. It didn't stop me.

This is all compounded by TOM, walking after a month-long break, work stress, and lots of excitement about paying off my house and seeing Karin this weekend.

Good
    I love UDs. It's not like I'm binging - I'm not. But, it's so nice to enjoy a little more food. Trying to stay at 1200 each days leaves so little flexibility. I also, surprisingly, find this workable. So far, and it's only been one week, the DD have been that challenging. I did pretty good (after Saturday) of focusing on animal products. I got my liver. I have had neck bones, cartilage from knuckle bones, and oxtail (does that count as offal? I don't know). My blood sugar (non-fasted and fasted) is very good - in the mid-70s. Today, we will be debt free (including the house)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not so Good
    Sleep is no better. No worse, but no better. It's hard to be rational without a lot of sleep. Stress. I'm still stressed! How to manage this better????? DH and I have been quibbling. I didn't walk enough.

Plans
    I will keep this up for another week. Frankly, I don't mind the DDs and really enjoy having flexibility in UDs. This will be a challenging week. I'm going to CO this weekend and DH is coming. It's easy to not eat when by myself...less easy when DH is in the car with me and eating constantly. Then, Wed-Sat is Amarillo. It will be a true test of making DDs work. One is on a travel day, so that will actually work well. One is on a day where lunch out will be expected and a friend who will want dinner. I can make this work, but it will be more difficult when trying to eat mostly animal products. I'll need to think of my plan for this.
    -- Ruth

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Apparently there is a documentary on 5:2 (5 up days and 2 down days a week) that is supposed to air April 3rd.
    Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    Yes. Apparently 5/2 is really popular in the UK. I think there was a BBC special on it that was well done.
    I saw this program when it first came out. Michael Mosley is a well-respected Dr/journalist who is always trying out the latest nutrition craze to see if it works. He is the UK’s human guinea pig. (BTW he first introduced the UK to HIT exercising) He started his ‘2 day diet’ by exploring weekly fasting but decided it was too brutal and ended up doing 2 days of lo cal over a week. Lots of people have had good results with it over here.

It was what got me looking into IF. I was going to try his diet but then realised the health benefits of daily IF are greater & found NK so never actually bought the book.

I believe O2k is trying it on the EMF thread

I’m currently doing 14hr IF but may switch to JUDD if my current stall continues. I want to give it the full 4 weeks before I change anything. Meantime I shall be watching your experiment closely