Page 142 of 339 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192242 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 3384

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 142

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Interesting quiz.. according to the results I am a fast oxidizer as well. I need to go back and re-read about it though. Off to a meeting this morning (hope I can stay awake).

How was your sleep? Still jealous about ya'lls vita mixes..LOL
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Hey, I had a thought this morning when I was taking my meds...I saw something yesterday about poor sleep quality being a symptom of vitamin D deficiency. Ever been tested? I am D deficient even when I am outside a lot (has something to do with my intestines) so I took a massive dose as a prescription for about a year but stopped for a long time, then the doc retested me and had me start it back up again, as a permanent addition to my meds. Now I take 3,000 IU of D3 daily (in the morning).

I am taking D3 supplements and still sleep is sucky. I am taking the melatonin as well but have not taken the valarian yet. I need to talk with my pharmacist.
    Karin

I wonder if there is a battery of blood tests that can be done (with insurance paying) that would check things like D3, magnesium, etc. You know, basically vitamin and mineral deficiencies. Instead of having to do hit or miss.

Hey Ruth, we are keeping your journal going!

Just found this article...http://www.thebetterhealthstore.com/...ements_08.html

the interesting thing about the article is the last bit about theanine - an amino acid found in green tea. I need to go back and see if the improved sleep quality happened around the same time I started the matcha green tea every morning.
    Last edited by demuralist; 03-13-2013 at 10:57 AM.

ahhh.. that would be interesting to find out about the matcha green tea. Does it have caffeine?
    Karin

yes, it does, but per glass it has less than half of a cup of coffee. Also, because I use the powdered matcha, which get directly mixed and drunk, not a tea bag, I have control over how much I use. But I don't drink coffee anymore, teas are my only caffeine, and I only drink 2 of those a day-the green tea matcha and yerba mate. Also, supposedly the caffeine in tea is not supposed to have the same effect as caffeine from coffee or cola. There are decaf green teas, but not matcha I don't think. And even tea bagged green teas have the amino acid theanine in them.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    You know, I was taking D for awhile. I felt better. Maybe I should take it again. I think I thought it helped with the sleep.

Today, 162ish. I had to weigh 2 hours early, and yes, I've weighed enough to know that those 2 hours do impact things (it's usually .5-1 lb lower those 2 hours later. Later than that, not much change.). My low day yesterday was fairly easy. I drank a TON of tea and water. Today is an up day. Surprisingly, not all that hungry. Up at 2:30, couldn't go back to bed. Struggling to get in all of my calories. Go figure.

The acne is worse this month than it has been in 3-4 months. Not sure what it was caused by.

Last year, when I was near 155. My acne was terrible. Reproduction health issues. But steady weight loss About 1000-1200 calories per day. No workouts. Protein: 100-150 g; Fat: ~50 g; Carbs: ~ 50 g. Higher fat has helped (but not completely cleared) the acne and eliminated the reproduction issues.

So I vote you go back to the vitamin D3. It is cheap and what the heck can it hurt.

I actually don't think that in the end your calorie count will end up that low. I think you have some imbalance or something that needs some healing and that continued good care and healthy diet will straighten things.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Vit D starting again in the morning.

I'm thinking I have some un solved issues. I'm always tired. Acne. Don't sleep well. Wonder how much is stress? I sleep we'll & feel pretty good on vacation (though usually still tired!).

So have you had iron checked. I just had to add it back in. Also i am feeling better with the addition of the magnesium, although i just started that last week so it isnt what made the difference in my sleep it has a lot of positive benefits.