Page 14 of 349 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 14

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    hold those thoughts... "I know the scale is but one measure of progress. I know my measurements have gone down. I know I'm doing the right thing. I will continue on. The scale will catch up with me eventually"

Remember this, noone knows what the number on the scale said until you tell them. How much you weigh is not nearly as important as what you feel like and therefore allow yourself to look like. The scale is one, highly inaccurate, piece of information that happens to be the easiest piece to access. See the number, decide if it is telling you anything of importance, fix it if it is, then move on.

Ok that was as much for me as for you (and for Paula too!), so have a great trip, the best you can do is the best you can do.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Ugh! That darn scale! I hear you on the frustration. It almost sent me into a tailspin this morning. Hope you have a good trip.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    I know the scale is but one measure of progress. I know my measurements have gone down. I know I'm doing the right thing. I will continue on. The scale will catch up with me eventually. .
    love this.. just might steal it! LOL
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

what is the power the scale has??? Its an inanimate object! I get sucked in too. Have a safe trip and like Chris said, all you can do is all you can do. Nothing to beat yourself up over.
    Karin

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    162.5. I swear, I almost took a picture Don't know when the last time I saw this weight. I'm sure it will bounce, but I'm happy with it.

It feels like an eternity since I've been on here, although it's only been 3 days. It was a busy trip and I didn't get home until yesterday. I didn't do as good as I planned, but I did well overall. I'm mostly dehydrated - I feel it even now. I did spectacular at our holiday party (although I suffered from food boredom). Dried turkey, iceberg lettuce with a few tomato slices, and plain green beans (brought especially for me by a friend - he wanted to make sure I had something to eat! The other "stuff" was not tempting.

I feel like I need a little more fat and/or calories. I've been pretty low calorie, in large part because the roasts I have in my freezer right now are very lean. I'm getting between 800-1000 calories per day, which is lower than I need. That's okay if I'm not hungry (which I'm not), but I think I need to toss a fattier cut in every few days. I got home yesterday and felt like I could binge. I had a planned high fat snack - toasted coconut flakes. I seriously took the time to consider what I was going to have. Decided I didn't want anything sweet, because I've broken that connection again (I've had NO sweet cravings). Didn't want pork rinds because of the sodium. No nuts, because I can't stop. The toasted coconut was awesome. Might be a new favorite. I didn't ever really miss cereal, but this could certainly make up for it if I did!

Better stop rambling and some stuff done. Missed being around here

Serious happy dance for the scale number!!!

I just switched up my macro targets to allow a little more fat and a little less protein, I think I will be switching back and forth. I had been doing salmon for lunch, high protein low fat, but I was having trouble visiting the pantry around 3 hours later, so I switched to steak ums, higher fat lower protein, and am good to go for a fairly late dinner.

That calorie count does seem low, the coconut should help with the fat number, but adding a bit of fattier meat or maybe a nice sauce to the lean one, could be helpful. Last night I took some frozen chicken breasts (boneless skinless=easy to find and cheap) and sauteed them in a mix of coconut oil and butter, added about a 1/3C of canned coconut milk to the mix, sprinkled with curry and some grated lemon with a splash of the lemon juice and voila, my lean meat now has a reasonable amount of fat in it. Made rice for the boys (I don't really care for grains, I just ate them cause I was supposed to). added veggies and yum!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

yeah for the lower number!! WHOOP!!

I would not worry about lower calories being met if your not hungry. Jeff said that it is not a big issue. Your doing great girlie!!
    Karin

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Awesome Job! And while on the road. Impressive.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    162. I'm sure, in the words of Karin, I'll see the bounce back up in a few days. However, for today, it is good. I'm supposed to be off (burning off my vacation), and we shall see if that really happens. I was exhausted yesterday and got very little done besides napping.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Sleep is essential to weight loss, so you got a lot done! Congrats on the loss!
    Chris
    Unknown