Page 139 of 349 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189239 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 3488

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 139

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I think the other thing with the metal monster? It's instant data. The tape measure, on the other hand, moves fairly slowly. And, sometimes you are losing fat in the oddest places. The other day, I thought, holy cow, I have thin forearms. Okay, I don't really care if I lose anything there - at least night right now Now, the stomach area? Yeah, let's drop something there so my pants FIT.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Funny cause i noticed as i grabbed for something this morning my hand and wrist looked slim and graceful. But yes i would rather have been able to make that observation about my waist or butt.

162.6. Big bump up. Probably some carb water from Saturday. Yeah. Also, had caffeine yesterday, which is unusual for me. And, I'm a little bit sore from walking 2 days (sad, I know. I blame the cold).

Massive headache today. Poor sleep. The thermostat looks like it got a short and the heat kept coming on all night. The dogs were restless. DH had to get up early, which means I had to get him up early.

To is an "up" down. Part of my brain says I should not eat much because I'm up on the scale. But, I said I'd give this cycling thing at least 1 week and so I shall. I did not help the experiment by eating all of those cashews

I actually lost on the morning after my up day. Of course yesterday I took it way too far up so gained this morning.

Did you read Dr. Ede's blog this morning? It appears she sleeps better with a bit more carbs in her system. For me it is the opposite. On average I am sleeping better on the very low carbs.

I scanned it. I like her writing style and the things she notes and tracks.

I do not sleep better with more carbs. The gain makes complete sense, so I can't complain (too much). Obviously, I'd just as assume that things didn't go up like crazy, but it's life. I would so like to be back in the 150s...

It is just a data point. I am pretty sure you don't look much different at 161 than at 159.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Wow Dr' Ede sounds like me. The interesting thing I am discovering is that I am able to get right back on the wagon after a binge rather than bingeing for several days. I think getting my macros right and keeping calories up is helping me heal.

Paula, that is AWESOME. I love to hear that. [Not that you binge, but that it is becoming easier to get over them and that they are getting shorter]

I think I'm bringing a bit of bloat with me. At 158/159 my size 12s were fitting nicely. At 161/162, they are snug. But as you say, it's a data point. I'm still trying to figure this body out. I'm more focused this week on calorie cycling and staying mainly with the animal products. I want to (assuming I don't have a HUGE gain) do this for 2 weeks before I make any changes. We shall see...

Also compounding things - TOM should arrive sometime this week, probably tomorrow or Wednesday. So, that also contributes a bit, both in terms of the bloat and the sleeping difficulties. It also means a lot of bathroom time today.

162.4. Data point..... TOM arrived last night. Another good month - just mild cramping. Woke up again at 3 am. Sigh. This is a hard habit to break. Sleep, not bad until the 3 am wake up. Trouble sleeping after that, partly because my brain was racing and partly because of mild cramps.

Yesterday's up day went okay. The eating was obviously more, but it was not an uncontrolled, frenzied, feeding. I was worried, because even last week when I "fasted" for 7 hours, I lost control once I started eating. I did not have a good plan, which made it a bit difficult. Probably too much pork/chicken, which are not my body's preferred meat. But, all in all, good. Today is a low day. I have plans for it, which should make it easier.

The Fed return came. That means we will pay off the house this Friday. It's all I can think about. It's probably why the scale number is not having an impact on me Now if the NM guys would stop holding up our return

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    whoohooo on the house!

We need to be chatting at 3am! LOL I swear!

As for dehydrating.. I am using fresh pineapple. It tastes AMAZING. SO different than the store bought dehydrated pineapple. Its a party in the mouth. As for grapes, they make incredible raisins. I just wash them off and pop them in as is. They would probably dehydrate faster sliced but they are great and worth the wait whole. Lily is happy with stuff made in the dehydrator. She eats less candy which calorie for calorie is not much different but I think the dehydrated stuff is more healthy and she can afford calories.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.