Page 138 of 334 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188238 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 3332

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 138

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    re: article above. I both agree and disagree with it. I think it's right on in terms of why we often see a "stall" right after the first 2 weeks or so. And, at that point, I usually start trying to tweak. I suspect if I would stay the course -- and not jump into cashews -- it would turn itself around. When I lost my first 20 pounds on primal, I would say that the article was spot on. I didn't ever really have a fast or crazy weight loss, but I "knew" it was working. Of course, after the 20 pounds, I was "stuck" and then I tried every different thing under the sun and moon and stars. I wonder what would have happened if I had just been patient and stayed with what I was doing if I eventually (after my body rested) would have started losing again. I feel like I've gotten so lost along the way.

Anyway, yesterday was actually a good day. For all that I "fell" into the cashews, I didn't feel like it was a binge. I enjoyed the day and enjoyed what I ate. It was a refreshing change. I enjoyed having an "up" day. Today is a low day. I think it will be a mental challenge more than anything. My body is very used to eating at the same time. Sometimes I think my desire for a schedule and consistency has hurt my ability to determine "true" hunger. We shall see. I'm giving this calorie cycling thing 2 weeks.

Today's weight: 161.4. Not bad after a big "up" day. [My most recent hold was 158.6, but my "new" hold has been around the 161 mark.]

Sabine, nice summary. I have decided to give it a 2 week try. If nothing else, I hope it breaks my body of its "schedule" a little bit and shakes things up. We shall see how it goes..........

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    on your down days are you keeping the same macro percentages as the up days.

I will ask you what we have been asking Karin and Paula, did you track during your successful 20 pound loss? If so what did the food/calories/macros look like then? Lets get back to the basics and repeat the successful things and use the unsuccessful as learning experiences.

Yes, that is my goal, to keep my percentages the same.

When I lost those 20 pounds, I was not tracking. I was - surprisingly for a girl overweight her entire life - just able to listen to my body. I do, wonder, however, how much of the loss was due to healing my body. I had been gluten intolerant (and feeling the symptoms for at least a year) before I switched to primal. But I can tell you what I ate pretty regularly:

B: leftover steak and maybe veggies
    L: eggs and spinach (cooked in olive oil)
    D: steak and one veggie (usually something green - nothing starchy)

I had denied myself steak (and red meat in general) for so long, that I kid you not we ate steak 3 or 4 times a week. The rest of the meals were some variation of red meat - I bought of 1/4 grass-fed cow and just pulled a hunk out every day. I basically lived the Whole30, without calling it such. My "treat" was shredded cabbage, 1/2 apple, and unsweetened almond butter, mixed together. I ate around 1,400 calories (I did track for my Whole30).

I actually think it was pretty low carb, mostly animal products, and decently high in fat (but protein was a little higher than now). Interesting, huh?

yes, very interesting. I would think about repeating it for a few weeks to see what happens. I feel like because of your dietary restrictions it may be that you need to do more protein to make your nutrition needs? Instead of trying to increase fat so much, just concentrate on the fatty cuts or using some herbs in your ghee as a "sauce" for the leaner cuts. I am a quantity girl though, so I would have to do a green salad at dinner (3oz of mixed greens is a big pile of food). Maybe use coconut oil to cook at lunch and olive oil for dinner (just to mix up the sources a bit).

I dunno, just thinking out loud.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    re: article above. I both agree and disagree with it. I think it's right on in terms of why we often see a "stall" right after the first 2 weeks or so. And, at that point, I usually start trying to tweak. I suspect if I would stay the course -- and not jump into cashews -- it would turn itself around. When I lost my first 20 pounds on primal, I would say that the article was spot on. I didn't ever really have a fast or crazy weight loss, but I "knew" it was working. Of course, after the 20 pounds, I was "stuck" and then I tried every different thing under the sun and moon and stars. I wonder what would have happened if I had just been patient and stayed with what I was doing if I eventually (after my body rested) would have started losing again. I feel like I've gotten so lost along the way.

Anyway, yesterday was actually a good day. For all that I "fell" into the cashews, I didn't feel like it was a binge. I enjoyed the day and enjoyed what I ate. It was a refreshing change. I enjoyed having an "up" day. Today is a low day. I think it will be a mental challenge more than anything. My body is very used to eating at the same time. Sometimes I think my desire for a schedule and consistency has hurt my ability to determine "true" hunger. We shall see. I'm giving this calorie cycling thing 2 weeks.

Today's weight: 161.4. Not bad after a big "up" day. [My most recent hold was 158.6, but my "new" hold has been around the 161 mark.]
    This.. I always think this and then of course dismiss it. Staying the course when you are not seeing evidence of progress is tough and frustrating. I think we need to just push through it.. its very hard though.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

not weighing daily made it easier for me to not tweak the program on a near daily basis, but I also lost a piece of information I cannot get back. Wondering if I lost weight in the beginning and then gained at the end or if I was gaining all along. Data lost.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    ^^^ this is what I am thinking
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

My problem - I can't always look at the results as data. I think I did something either "good" or "bad". And, truth of the matter, the scale fluctuations could be from 2 or 3 or 4 days ago...but I don't know that and always think it relates to what I did yesterday. But, I didn't have a scale for years. I ended up at 240 pounds. Should I have known by the way my clothing fit? Yeah. But I was in denial.

well, I was getting on the scale, not daily but every couple of weeks, and ended up at 290! Talk about denial.

I am talking myself into it being a data point. That is easier now that I lost a couple of months worth of data.