Page 136 of 347 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186236 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 3470

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 136

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I need to remember to consistently keep my fluids up. Some days good, some days not as good. Yesterday & today = good

Lots of good new for today.
    * I'm getting a bonus. It's HUGE. This is the year for it. Oh, yeah, baby, we are so paying off the house next month (or May). That's our 15-year anniversary present. To be essentially debt free. Europe? Ah, I can wait (plus, maybe then I'll be a few pounds thinner).
    * DH is getting a bonus. That's even more of a surprise. It's not huge, but every single penny is counting right now!
    * I ordered some pemmican from US Wellness. It should be here today. I hope it's not gross I hope it's good for travel
    * I made Mark's carnitas today. It probably set me for too much protein. But, oh, my, good. Yeah. It's a major win of a recipe.
    * Fluid in the ear is better. Still there, but better. Haven't taken the decongestant in a few days.

Took an OTC sleeping aid last night. I think my sleep was deeper, but in ways, it was worse. I was trying to wake up like I usually do, but felt "drugged". Bummer. I had hoped that a night or two would break my body of its habits (I now wake up every day at 3 am - doesn't matter when I go to bed. Yeah. My body REALLY likes routine.). I have GOT to figure this sleep thing out. It's better with higher fat, but still not "there".

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    doin a happy dance, paying off the house is huge, thank God for bonuses!

I thought pemmican was one of those make at home things?

OK, gotta get the ingredients for the Carnitas when I shop tomorrow!

So on the sleep thing, years ago, right after I had the kids, my body had trained itself not to go into a deep sleep (I think I was afraid of not hearing them-like that could happen!). I actually went into a depression, and that is how they (a psychiatrist at the Mayo).figured out I wasn't actually sleeping. He actually prescribed an anti-depressant in a 1/10th dose to take at bedtime. I took it for a little over a year and then weaned off of it. worked like a charm. So maybe either see a doc or cut the sleep aid into quarters.

I have an amortization spreadsheet I made and I keep staring at it. I I can hardly believe that it is really going to happen. I think a lot of stress will be relieved. I don't plan to quit my job, but there's a huge freedom in knowing that I could. Of course, I still need to say for a "new" car (mine is 11 years old and 130K). I hope that my car makes it another 3 years, in which time I'll have money saved up for another vehicle. And, we need to go to Nepal (that's royally expensive). And, I have my heart still set on my European vacation. So, the longer I work, the more I contribute...but not at the expense of my health or our overall happiness.

I think true pemmican is probably made at home. But, I haven't yet made the time for it, so went ahead and bought it (without the cherries or honey). U.S. Wellness Meats — Our Animals Eat Right So You Can Too.

Okay - will try to cut down the sleep aid. I need a good doctor, but haven't found one here that I like. Good suggestion. Thank you.

so, how was last night's sleep?

There will always be a new expense, but at least once the house is paid off you will be able to be flexible in finding another, more enjoyable job. Plus it will be interesting to see if this job gets more enjoyable when you don't "have" to keep it.

How close are you to the Mayo out there?

161.2. Guess at least I'm maintaining? Will start calorie cycling, though I need to think through "how" (so many choices). I need to commit at least a full week, better if I would commit 2 weeks to the experiment. Will post details later.

Forgot to take the sleeping pill. Will try again tonight Sleep was very light with disturbing dreams. I really do think if I could nail the sleep, other things would fall in place.

Until you asked, I had NO clue there was a mayo clinic near me. There's one in Scottsdale, which is a cheap flight and a okay (long) day drive. Will have to keep that in mind....

Have not been walking in almost a month. Plan a walk (weather providing) today. I'm sure to be sore and see a scale bump up tomorrow. Sad, really. Oh, well. I know it's good for me, mentally and physically, and I usually enjoy it when I'm outside.

If your insurance will cover it, the Mayo has an amazing way of dealing with the whole person, and it was cheaper to me and to the insurance than the doc's in town (I went to Mayo in Jax, FL). No waiting ever, you get all your appointments lined up on one day (they do it for you). One of the deciding factors in where we retire to will be how close to the Mayo it is.

I like the idea of the calorie cycling, but will likely wait to start until my college visits are over, so start the beginning of April. I will likely do some version of "banking" like you did with WW, except I won't allow any one day to go over my max on Carbs and Protein.

Very cool. I'm going to seriously think about making an appointment. I like the "whole person" concept.

On the calorie cycling, I agree. I will be keeping my carbs and protein at my max level. It's going to take a bit of planning, though. Yesterday I still had plenty of calories, but basically no more carbs or protein. I'm not fond of eating fat just for fat. Need to be better about including fat in my meals as I go on my "high" days.

So, interesting. I bought some of "Pet Burger" (on their website, they say it is human grade quality) that has 65% fat ground beef, liver, and heart. Each tub is 16 oz. I cooked it up and then weighed it (including all of the fat, which I poured over the meet). Only 8 ounces. I would have assumed more and usually served myself a greater helping, but considered it 4 raw ounces.

As a side note, it's not bad. I think it's an acquired taste (note that I never had an offal - at all - until sometime last year), but not so bad that I'm not willing to keep at it. Heart and liver both have a really good nutrient profile.

so, the 16oz cooked down to 8oz? I am not to the offal yet.

I saw a video from America's kitchen, and they were grinding meat for burgers. After she ground it she added fat back into the meat, and then made the patties. That would be easy enough to do.

I also love butter and cream in my tea, so any excuse to do it is good by me.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    Very cool. I'm going to seriously think about making an appointment. I like the "whole person" concept.

On the calorie cycling, I agree. I will be keeping my carbs and protein at my max level. It's going to take a bit of planning, though. Yesterday I still had plenty of calories, but basically no more carbs or protein. I'm not fond of eating fat just for fat. Need to be better about including fat in my meals as I go on my "high" days.
    When will you start this cycling and will you have intentional low and high days.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.