Page 135 of 334 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185235 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 3332

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 135

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Next week, I'm going to make more of a focus on: liver, other offal, and bone broth. I wonder if those nutrients will help heal me (and give me nourishment) so that I can get to my goal weight and (really, more importantly) be healthy. I also suspect that if I could resolve the job situation (which might help the sleep situation), I would feel better (although, I say this, but there really always is some type of stress in life).

The hardest part, aside from planning, is feeding my family. They neither have any interest, no do they need, such a strict diet. I'm cooking 2 meals, which is not my preference.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    What i have finally settled on as far as cooking for everyone is that i make myself a salad and add the protein source to it. For my guys i just add a source of veggie and often a starch for them. Neither care for my salad so I make them a caesar salad or some roasted veggies which i will then add to my salad too. If my macros dont have room for a protein source then that is the night i either make them pasta or pizza. If dd is home i just add another veggie.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    mmmm bone broth. I have some chicken bone broth in the crockpot now.. I am looking into your mostly animal eating protocol. I do better with very little carbs, although it affects sleep.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Ruth, I put the BG monitor in the mail yesterday afternoon. I expect it will arrive by Saturday or Monday.

Yesterday: 161.6 (BIG jump up). Today 161.2. Disappointed? Yes. Very. Still bloated. My usual question: how can it (assuming "it" is water) come on in 1 day and then take at least a week, if not 2, of super clean eating to go away? Baffling, really.

I'm very bloated - my pants don't fit and my measurements confirm. My hands and feet hurt. Don't know if it was the coconut, or the cauliflower, or the combo. Whatever. The body is NOT happy.

The NM state wants more information to process our return. Sigh. We are seriously "this close" to paying off the house and the Feds won't process our return yet and NM state is bent on holding it up. Typical of my life right now

On a more positive note, it should be a nice day outside...assuming I have a few minutes to get out there.

Like Karin, I'm wishing for Friday....

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I was wondering, have you followed Paleobird's adventures into being more of a meat eater(VERY few vegetables)?

Sabine, funny you mention that... As I've recently started discovering how my body is so sensitive, I stumbled across her adventures. It's not necessarily something I might intellectually choose, but I'm trending more and more down that path.

161. Grrr. I think the thing is - 1300 calories, even "good" calories (who knows what good is anymore?), is maintenance level for me. At least with present activity. I don't know. We shall see. Life is too short for this to be such a big part of my life. Sigh.

I'm glad it's Friday. More later.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    thinking about the idea of calorie cycling...what if you did a low day that was a ff once a week or so?

Never asked, do you drink a lot of fluids? Fruits and veggies are intrinsically high liquid, animal products not so much. As you have reduced plant products it is likely you should be increasing your fluid intake?

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    thinking about the idea of calorie cycling...what if you did a low day that was a ff once a week or so?

Never asked, do you drink a lot of fluids? Fruits and veggies are intrinsically high liquid, animal products not so much. As you have reduced plant products it is likely you should be increasing your fluid intake?
    pearl of wisdom.. making a note
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.