Page 13 of 349 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 13

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I am seriously thinking about going to a weekly weigh in on Saturdays. I'm beginning to hate my scale.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I will admit my addiction to a daily weigh in and not even try to pretend that I will even consider a weekly weigh in. Once the time has passed for the morning weigh in you can never get that data point back. It haunts me.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I do not like to see anything but a lower number when I weigh, however, there is a benefit of weighing everyday. If the number is higher I can reflect on my eating patterns or specific foods. It is amazing the bounce of numbers.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I also find the daily number is not as important as if you are doing a less frequent weigh in. But that is just me.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    You are right. I have had binges that were caused by working hard all week and then not seeing the right number on the scale.
    I guess I am tied to that biyatch daily for the time being.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I'm still up in the air about the entire thing.

Matt pointed out that I had more sodium on Sunday than usual. Of course, I turned around and had quite a bit at lunch today (and a few potatoes...) and though dinner is going to be at home, it's also higher sodium than usual. One of the guys I work with is visiting from our home office and is coming over for dinner. It's easier for me to control things that way, although I'll make something I can eat (no glutten or dairy for sure!), but it's not as low sodium as I'd like. Of course, if it's just water, it will come out, so I'm not going to stress over it. Life continues and I can't put it on hold for the next 6 months or so I can chug the ACV tomorrow like crazy Also, a vegetarian friend is coming for dinner, so I'm going to make him sweet potato black bean enchiladas (glutten free corn tortilla since the family will likely eat the leftovers).

Was driving my boss to airport and my water spilled all over her. I sure do know how to impress...

OMG, hope she has a sense of humor!

One of the beauties of tracking is that when you see a number go up, you can go back and say, wow, look at all that sodium. It is of course the times when I can't explain a number going up that are frustrating!
    Chris
    Unknown

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    OMG, hope she has a sense of humor!

One of the beauties of tracking is that when you see a number go up, you can go back and say, wow, look at all that sodium. It is of course the times when I can't explain a number going up that are frustrating!
    +1 so true
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Yes, my boss took the whole thing in stride. She's a good boss (in general, not just about this).

164.5. Down 1/2 from yesterday, still up from my lowest weight on Friday. This is not unexpected given yesterday. I hope, though, that this is not a maintenance week. I'll keep working at it...though I travel for work Thursday and Friday (darn it). My biggest plan today: lots of fluid and ACV for the sodium. Plenty of veggies and quality protein.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    164.5. Again. Up .5 from my weigh in a week ago tomorrow. I'm frustrated. I know the scale is but one measure of progress. I know my measurements have gone down. I know I'm doing the right thing. I will continue on. The scale will catch up with me eventually. But I was still disappointed

Off to Santa Fe and then Texas. It will be difficult to get my fluids in with all of the driving, but I will try my best. I won't have complete control over food (staff Christmas party being one event), but I'm going to stay in the Residence Inn and cook what I can.