Page 127 of 303 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 3029

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 127

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Pickin' up men in the home depot. Woot!

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    He would have had a better chance if he told me he would do the landscaping I had planned for the day!

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    DH and I were at the grocery store tonight and he turns to me and says "you look like you've lost 10 pounds since you've been sick...you are looking so skinny". Funny. Since my FF started last week, I've lost 8 pounds. I can't see it, but he can. While he's knows I'm trying to lose weight, I try not to bore him with my daily ups and downs. It's cute that he thinks I'm skinny. He's my same height and 128. Um, which one of us is skinny?

I'm getting pretty close to the point where I think that I'm really only going to be able to eat meat/organs/animal fat. Avocados cause a gain each time. Olives do nothing good. Nuts, well, I know they aren't my friend (although I am struggling to give them up too.) This is terrible, but I almost feel better knowing there's someone like me out there.
    Whoot! Congrats on the loss and keeping off. I know what you mean about certain foods. I am watching your progress!!

Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    I'll know more next week when I go in, as to whether there is flexibility, etc.

Basically, I would coordinate and manage all aspects of activities for residents in a senior living facility (more than bingo). I love seniors - probably comes from living with my grandparents. Other people are good with kids - I am not. But, seniors and I have always gotten along. Don't know what to say In a lot of ways, it sounds fun. And, I know that I'd make a real difference in someone's life. It would surely be a lot of work, with little budget (and a small salary).
    I hope things work out the way you need. Just relax and take it as it comes. Its not anything to stress about. I figure if it causes stress, its no good
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Yep, I'm with ya Chris. Actually, I swear DH has always known how to woo me. I hate cards and flowers (waste of money!!!) and obviously would rather not have candy. Now, filling my car up with gas, etc., that's my kind of romance. And DH is pretty good to me in that respect

^^^^too cute!!
    Karin

Green Chile Stew

Cooking fat (a lot of times, I use some of trimmed meat fat)
    2 lb pork butt or beef chuck roast, trimmed (if you wish) and cut into 1" cubes
    Emeril Essence, to taste Emeril's Essence Recipe : Emeril Lagasse : Recipes : Food Network
    1/2 onion, diced
    1/2 red bell pepper, diced
    1 - 2 cloves garlic, minced
    ~ 3 cups Roasted New Mexico Green Chile
    6 cups beef or chicken broth (if I use my homemade stock, which is very rich, I use 3 cups stock and 3 cups water)
    Potatoes, sweet potatoes, parsnips, butternut squash, etc. (optional - I usually skip this)
    Cilantro (optional, but is really nice at the end)

Heat fat in a skillet over high. Season meat liberally with Emeril. Sear meat, working in batches as necessary (you don't want to cook the meat, just get it browned and seared to hold in the juices). Remove meat (leaving juices and fat), turn down heat, and add onions and red bell pepper. Cook until onions are soft. Add garlic. Saute for a minute or so. Add remaining ingredients, except for cilantro. Cook until meat (and if added) veggies are tender. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Add cilantro and serve.
    -- Ruth

This last batch of mine went like this:

Fry up 3-4 slices of bacon
    brown up 2-3 pounds of pork chops
    Throw broth in crockpot until pork chops fall off bone..i added abo u t a cup of water..i have used a pork roast in the past

When meat is done and shreds easy add:
    32oz bone broth, i use chicken
    chili powder, cumin, cayenne, salt, pepper
    2 cans rotel
    2 pounds of green chili but i was out and added 6-8 fresh jalapenos chopped

I slow cooked overnight but a few hours will work

Oh.. i think i added some of my freshly dehydrated onions
    Karin

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Yum and Yum!

My Dh did flowers about once a month for our first 6 months, then once I got my engagement ring that stopped. He did however get me a massive rose arrangement for our wedding day. Which was particularly nice because we got married at a bed and breakfast (rented the whole house for the weekend and family stayed as well as us) so I had the arrangement in some of the wedding photos.

158.4. I'm trying to be zen about what I hope is a natural fluctuation. I know weight naturally fluctuates; just worried that my recent trend is a series of continued increases. I pleased with my eating, so not worried about that. Will give it a few more days. Not sure what my intervention will be, though

Still have the cold. Sigh. Not sure what it will take to whip this. I want to walk again, but don't feel like I have enough energy (or that I could breathe well enough).

Didn't get my chorizo made yesterday because I didn't get to the store for the peppers. Maybe today.

It's a cold and dreary day out there! No moisture predicted, however.

How do you make chorizo???? Yum!!!

I am going to take a Chris stance...get well then worry about the weight. Thrilled with your losses though.
    Karin