Page 124 of 348 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 3476

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 124

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    My news is sure to be a disappointment!!!!

I got a job interview. In a fit of pique a few weeks ago, I decided I was going to apply for Director, Senior Living Activities. This job is completely different than anything I've done, including what I do now. I figured I had no chance at an interview - I have no direct experience. I can't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Doesn't mean I'll get it, obviously, although I have only ever not gotten 2 jobs I've interviewed for (one I really did have a terrible interview and one I wasn't willing to move).

Of course, this leads me to more angst. What if I hated the job? What if I wasn't GOOD at it (I'm very good at my job)? What if I'm bored? Also, I make a lot of money now. This would be less than 1/3 of what I'm making. Would I be okay with that? And, do I want to work outside the home again (I LOVE working at home).

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    what kind of hours would you have? Could any of it be done at home. What does the job entail? Could it lead to something else. The title makes it sound much more in line with what you were thinking about a few month ago.

This is very exciting.

I'll know more next week when I go in, as to whether there is flexibility, etc.

Basically, I would coordinate and manage all aspects of activities for residents in a senior living facility (more than bingo). I love seniors - probably comes from living with my grandparents. Other people are good with kids - I am not. But, seniors and I have always gotten along. Don't know what to say In a lot of ways, it sounds fun. And, I know that I'd make a real difference in someone's life. It would surely be a lot of work, with little budget (and a small salary).

there is something to be said for making a difference in someone's life for sure.

p.s. I was never good with kids till I had my own. I was great with them, and I am good with good kids now, have zero tolerance for undisciplined ones (appropriate for their age of course.)

Of course, I'm putting the cart before the horse. Need to cool my jets until Wednesday, when I see how things go. I may not even have a decision to make

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Aren't you pretty close to paying off your home. Maybe you won't need to make as much in the future.

well, maybe, but it is good to know as many details as possible so you don't get starry eyed if they offer you something on the spot, or that you can talk yourself out of it if it doesn't go well.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Okay, I'm over here, but I can think of nothing risque to say. I think Pebbles IS a bad influence! Cool about the interview.

Yeah, financially we can swing it. It would be good if I'd wait until June for me to quit (then we'd probably have the house paid off) and even better if I'd hang in there until December (build our savings even more). If I quit in April, we can probably pay the house off in the December time frame (which is still pretty darned good).

Money, once you meet your basics, is not obviously everything. But, it's not as easy as I thought it might be to think of leaving my high-paying job where I'm "important". I know this is crazy (sorta), but DH and I both grew up pretty poor (not homeless, although I think there were times we were close). And, so, money is both identify (I made it! I'm successful! I'm not stupid! I'm a valuable person! Look at how much $ I make!) and security. I'm wrestling internally with myself.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I just don't inspire risque thoughts from anyone (except DH - don't know how/why, but hey, it's at least the right person). Sigh.