Page 119 of 303 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 3029

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 119

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    DH flushes his sinuses 2 times daily, makes a huge difference.

Years ago I actually had a BF test done in a dunking tank-scary stuff I gotta tell you. For me I think my money would be better spent on the Blood Monitor and ketone sticks. I mean LBM would be nice to know, but once the body regulates itself what difference is it going to make?
    Because I exercise so much, eating too low a protein level as with the new plan could cause my body to cannibalize my muscles. Therefore for me, knowing my LBM would help me decide if I need to add protein. It will be hard for me to get the balance right for deep NK and gym work.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    yeah, the gym would complicate things. There is a reason for me not to start

For me I think that the blood monitor is going to be the answer. Because once I get nice and low BS and high ketones, I am going to experiment to see how much protein I can have vs. how much carb I can have and still keep the numbers steady.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    So sorry you are feeling poorly still. When I was little my mom used to take me to this hole in the wall restaurant named Ritas and order me the HOT green chili. I had to sit there and eat the entire bowl before we coud leave. Amazingly enough, I would clear up usually the next day.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Ruth.. this is my next experiment if I can find a beef heart kitoi's kitchen: Vietnamese Inspired Beef Heart Jerky

I think it looks tasty!
    Karin

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Ooh, thanks. I'll look for heart & give it a whirl!

Still sick, but better, maybe? Not being able to sleep is not good. May sleep in mom's recliner tonight.

I have super hot green chili. Maybe a bowl tomorrow

For me, I'm interested in lbm in a scientific way. I wonder how much protein we really need. The values vary so much. But, I'm not likely to do anything. I'll probably end up with the darn meter instead

Presentation went well. I made it through 2.5 hours of me talking. Its good I'm used to "extemporaneous" speaking.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    I have super hot green chili. Maybe a bowl tomorrow
    Recipe por favor.

2.5 hours of speaking? Damn. That is impressive. After 10 minutes of me talking even I want me to shut up.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Glad your chili turned out nice and hot. Mine gives a little buzz in the back of the throat, just like I like it.
    Karin

I still have some of my roasted chilis that we froze - they were nice and hot this year!

159 guys and gals. I haven't seen this number in a LONG time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If this keeps, then I lost my 1 pound for January and my 1 pound for February. Anything else will be gravy.

Recipe later. I need to be on the computer, which is in DH's office, and the workday has already started.

Still sick. Cannot breathe. Broke down and took some nasal decongestant. I rarely take drugs of any sort, but I really needed at least a few hours of sleep. Only about 5. Want to start walking again (I miss it!), but still feeling pretty beat up. Maybe tomorrow...

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    So, what did you change?
    Was it the Fat Fast that was the catalyst?
    Are you still eating the same macros/cals as before the Fat Fast?

Depending on the answers to these questions, it may indicate that the FF could be used in the future to help break a stall, or reset the body. BTW, these are the questions I am looking at for during and after my FF.

PrimalCon New York
    Paula, it's a little confounding. I can't tell if it's the cold (although I usually GAIN weight when I'm sick), the FF, the way I'm eating, or what. Here's what I know:

* FF did help me get over my mental problem about the lack of food.
    * Day after FF ended, my appetite was reduced.
    * During FF, I ate primarily animal products. I'm pretty sure that even veggie fats are not what my body wants or needs. This may be because I have so many food allergies. I'm similar to Dr. E in that fashion.
    * I've continued eating primarily animal products. Maybe a few mac nuts, a little lettuce, a tsp of coconut oil. But, mostly animal products and their fat.
    * I'm eating less - between 1000 and 1200 calories per day. Not on purpose. It just feels right. I'm not that hungry. Funny, too, because there was NO way I could have done 1000 during the FF. Not, pretty easy.
    * Unintentionally, calorie cycling. Days of 1000 followed by days of 1200.
    * A TON of liquids. I feel thirsty and drink to thirst.
    * Macros are back to 80% fat...

If I had to speculate, I would say the two biggest drivers are this: primary focus on animal products (80-90% of my calories) and reduced calories.