Page 118 of 334 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168218 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 3332

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 118

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yep it just always strikes me as sort of funny when someone thinks they are so heavy at my goal weight.

So sad the cold lingers.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    From the cancer doc (supports my walking habit):

Dr. Seyfried points out that vigorous exercise can raise blood sugar levels, and therefore he advises patients to “walk, not run.” Strenuous muscle activity releases lactic acid into the blood, which can be converted into glucose by the liver and released back into the bloodstream.

Interesting.

Yep my internist said the same thing. Basically she is happy if i do a 30 minute walk a day and thrilled if i can get to 10,000 steps a day. So i am working on it

The more I read on the diagnosis diet site, the more it makes sense about the way my eating is shaping up. Interesting thoughts on nuts. Those may need to go, except as a rare treat. Need DH to read the article on veggies. He'll struggle with that one... Might take some ti e to get him there

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Sorry you have been sick. Hopefully the weight reward will stick.

Exercise is where I will be diverging from Dr Seyfried's plan. I am not willing to give up the gym. It may mean I will need more protein than the minimum. More reason to get a blood ketone monitor. I also need a Lean Body Mass measurement tool like Ddraig Goch. Too bad I am made of 40% fat instead of money.

Ugh. Snot producing factory. Not much sleep again. Gotta finish my presentation this am. Good thing I'm good at winging things

I'm suspicious of body "fat" measurements at home. I actually thought about a professional one, but haven't found anything locally. I go back & forth on the meter. Lots of $...and I e spent a small fortune in my life trying to lose weight. I don't want to have to be dependent o. It. We'll see. I'll probably cave

I have a body fat/BMI measurer, but I am suspicious of it as well. A large percentage of it's body fat calculation is based on weight. I have experimented a few times by not changing my weight before I measured even though I had lost. There was a big difference in Body fat measurements depending on if I reported the weightloss.

Re:Chris. I laugh too when someone's before pictures are my dream after pictures

Have a great day, all!

DH flushes his sinuses 2 times daily, makes a huge difference.

Years ago I actually had a BF test done in a dunking tank-scary stuff I gotta tell you. For me I think my money would be better spent on the Blood Monitor and ketone sticks. I mean LBM would be nice to know, but once the body regulates itself what difference is it going to make?