Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 3488

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 109

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    hmm... no coffee grinder
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Up yet another 1/2 lb. Here we go again. I'm having a big pity party. Why does NK seem to be working for everyone but me? I understood things when I wasn't in ketosis. Sigh. I sometimes wonder if I should give up wasting my life trying to lose weight and just accept where I am.

Should be a nice, but busy day. Will take the dogs for a long walk (in the cold), use my new Vitamix, and then help DH teach Sunday (well, okay Saturday) School at church tonight. Tomorrow night, we're having one of my coworkers over for Nepali food. He is vegetarian, so I'll have to figure out some non-meat protein source. But, I enjoy cooking so it will be nice, although a busy day.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Try to enjoy your day.

I have been stuck at the same weight for a week. I was hoping to have a whoosh after my period.

Ruth, I am wondering.. what if you tried to eat at "maintenance" for say, 2-4 weeks and then tried again to lose. I could be TOTALLY misunderstanding (it would be not be the first time LOL) but I am just thinking of strategies.
    Karin

It's a good point, Karin...but I don't know what maintenance is... Maybe it is 1400 cal/day. That's where I go up and then back down around. I'll give it some thought.

The good news - I've amused myself all morning, I continue to eat on track, and I've mostly gotten over my pity party

oh yeah!! I would think maintenance is whatever your body needs to maintain the current weight. I am wondering though if you are not going through pre-menopause. Pre-menopause causes gain.
    Karin

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Ruth, I think I agree with Karin. Maybe if you worked to maintain for say one or 2 months and relaxed a bit about your worry of gaining it all back maybe the stress would be reduced and if that coincided with reduced stress at work, you could shift back to an emphasis on losing. I suspect it is very frustrating to have come so far and be so close, but maybe the body needs a break. My memory is that you are younger than we are and hoping for children maybe, so thinking it is not a womanly hormonal thing, but a stress hormone thing I would not be surprised about.

How do you know you are in ketosis?

Not to nag, but I am hoping to make the "bread" tomorrow, wondering if you could post your adaptions, probably not a bad idea to add them to the recipe group thread either. thanks.

hey, karin and I both just pinned "Atkins Fat Fast" http://www.carbsmart.com/fatfast.html Maybe a day or 2 of it would kick you past this "plateau"?
    Last edited by demuralist; 02-09-2013 at 06:16 PM. Reason: add p.s.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Ruth, I looked at your food diary starting in December. I was trying to see a trend. It looks as if you have been hitting the macros for 130lbs pretty consistently. In December, these macros resulted in weight loss. Now you are gaining. Here are my thoughts.

The only changes I see are that you started walking in January.

How is your sleep? What if you tried a small dose of 5htp in the evening? Obviously lack of sleep would result in more stress and less weight loss.

I would also suggest that you aim a little higher in calories if you are going to up your exercise. Maybe at the 140 or 150lb level.

I wish I had a clearer answer for you.

Thanks, gals!!!! This is why I love you. More later............

FB tweaks. First, I cut down the salt to 1/4 tsp. Otherwise the family thought it was too salty. Also, we do not like the lemon juice/baking soda combo - no matter how many times I tried it, we got a slightly sour tasting taste. So, last time I used 1/2 tsp baking powder. Still a nice rise, but no more sour. Finally, the original recipe uses coconut butter (mana -- Karin pinned a recipe). I never have this. So, I use 8 TBS butter, 4 TBS lard. Mine comes out like a moist pound cake. Of course, since I'm not trying to use it as a bread, I don't mind at all. I've tried all kinds of nuts and different fats. Like them all, though mac nuts are my favorite!

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    thanks, I am going to give it a try today. I got some creamed coconut at WF's on Friday, so I may use some of that mixed with the butter. I think coconut butter is just blending coconut until it is butter, if it is too dry drip a bit of the coconut oil in. I did it once but then didn't have anything to do with it. Should be easy with the Vitamix.