Page 107 of 349 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 3488

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 107

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Yes. The unresolved job situation is contributing significantly to my stress.

Up 2 lb today. I never used to swing this dramatically. I'm not retaining due to salt. I did not do anything more than my 4 mile walk yesterday. I think the dairy is finally out of my system. I slept like a log. I'm still in ketosis (13 on target days in a row!), which of course doesn't guarantee weight loss. I'm beginning to wonder if NK is going to be yet another method that doesn't work for me. Sigh. I do not understand my body at all. Maybe I need a few less calories.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Look at you up so early!

I was looking at the low carb friends website, and there is a monthly NK thread there. They generally seem to eat more calories. Here is a link to the first page/info page for February High Fat NK 80/15/5 - February Version - Low Carb Friends

The protein recommendation per Phinney/Volek is 1.5 x goal weight in kg. Then for calories it is 30 to 35 x's goal weight in kg for me that is about 400 higher than current goals.

So maybe it is just a different version of NK that you need?

I'm a morning person, but I usually stay in bed for awhile and slow let the morning come. Today, the dog REALLY needed out. Once I'm down the stairs, well, I'm up

I've looked at that one as well. I can tell you from experience that I can't get into ketosis with that much protein. Essentially (unintentionally), that's what I was doing in January. That version yielded me nothing but 5-6 pounds of gain, 4 of which was a real gain But, at least I have determined a few things.

I will say this. At least with the higher fat I have finally overcome the fruit addiction. It was getting really bad!

Thanks, Chris, for thinking of me!!!!!!

no problem!

well, so maybe your body is just moving slowly because you have been at this weight a while and needs some time to shift gears. I reread parts of Dr. Atkins book and it actually says it can take 6 weeks or more of perfectly falling within the goal range, for some people to see real results. I think you should ease up on yourself given the stress and travel, it has got to be hard on the body, and I bet it is just a matter of time.

Probably so. Chris, you are very wise.

I'm a little stressed because finding another job is more difficult than I envisioned. I'm in a highly-technical, very specialized field. It happens to pay very well. [Of course, the toll it's taking is not worth it.] Jobs I find interesting, even at 1/4 or less of what I'm currently making, I don't meet the qualifications because a lot of my experience is not transferable and/or the fields are so very different. And, I don't really plan to take a job with a long commute (been there, done that, not worth the stress or decreased family time -- unless it was my DREAM job - whatever that would be) or that I would be bored at (done that too - bad news) because that's not really a long-term solution. I don't want to go back to school for more education - I already almost have a PhD (ABD). And, if I could ever go part time, it would be 20-25 hours a week, for a pay that is more than most people make full time. There's something to be said about that....if I can make it that long...if I'm even interested in doing something for 20 hours a week that I no longer enjoy.

Ugh. I need to stop worrying. I'm a person who likes to be in control, and I feel like everything is beyond my control right now!

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    oh Ruth.. hang in there. Exciting to hear about your new vitamix adventures though!

I wish I had some insight or suggestion. I know work situations are stressful. Hopefully it gets resolved soon!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I know that you would like to control the answer to the work situation but I will tell you my story (briefly). Stay at home mom for 15 years, ready to re-enter the work force but looking for something I will enjoy, am qualified for, and is flexible time wise as the kids were still at home and needing rides etc. So my BFF sends me the info for the job I currently have. It was for, essentially, a receptionist. Been there, done that, hated it! But, I was more than qualified and the boss is flexible about the time. Pay was decent for what it was. Getting the job got DH off my back for a while. What has happened is that the duties started to shift to fit my qualifications. ie, helping set up the exhibits, helping with historic acquisitions, & facilities management. My pay continues to increase, and of course this year doubled since my hours doubled. It is a fantastic place to work as I love my co-workers, and the time is incredibly flexible. Moral of the story, it will work itself out. Instead of trying to control every detail maybe try to remain open to allowing it to happen. AND trust me when I say, that I took this job grudgingly just to get DH to quit nagging me about paying for college. So I was forced to give up control and accept what I had been handed.

p.s. in that link from the Feb. NK group, she has gone through a podcast of Jimmy Moore and Phinney interview and pulled out the important points and marked the time they occur in the podcast. It is about stalls. It might be interesting for you.

p.s. it is easier to be wise from the outside looking in than when I am looking at myself!

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ruth, I am so frustrated for you. I wish there was something I could do to help. I think Chris is right. It takes a while to really get your body into NK. The job stress is also probably not helping.

The vitamix sounds cool. Use it in good health.