Page 103 of 303 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 3029

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 103

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    DH mentioned today that he is thinking of buying me a Vitamix for my birthday. I suggested that I might need it early [My food process is truly about to die...and I use it almost everyday....]

Decided to try goat cheese today. Different taste, but I think I can get used to it. Won't probably be until Tuesday or so before I know if I can tolerate it. I sure hope so...it's a lovely change...

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Goat cheese is loverly!! I love Druken goat cheese. FAB FLAVOR! Oh hey, posted an UNBELIEVABLY GOOD chicken liver recipe in the group. Thought you would enjoy this. I almost did not stop at the bowl! LOL
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Checking it out now!!!!

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Karin-How does one get drunken goat cheese?

Lots of wine (or, in my case, Crown) with their cheese?

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    I am not sure how they do it!! *getting a mental image* OMG..LMAO

Its good though, Kroger/Dillons carries it.

Ruth- tell me about lard cookies!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Have you tried pemmican for travelling? It holds at room temperature, and might be a good way to get a shot of fat into your mouth when you are stuck at a table without enough options.

Sabine...how very funny that you mentioned pemmican. I started researching it last night as an option! I think it will be very handy for traveling (and, as you say, stuck at a table without enough options). I can always eat a dinner salad and then eat my bar later

Karin, I used this recipe. It's a bit dry - I think too much coconut flour. I reduced the coconut flour a bit and upped the lard - better, but still not enough. They aren't very sweet, yet the entire family likes them. I'm also wondering how they would do with my sunflower seed flour (that I will make once DH buys my Vitamix). Spiced Lard Cookies (grain free) [By the way, love her whole site. Good stuff on there.]

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Eee so jealous of the Vitamix. I decided to wait once i stopped the smoothies with all the veggies and got the thousand dollar treadmill. But the second the blender i have now dies its replacement is a vitamix.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

I don't make many smoothies, but seems like I'm now making things like fat bread, lard cookies, etc. and I use my food processor. And, I really want to make my own almond/sunflower seed butters and flours - my current machine will not handle. And, honestly, my food processor has lived a long, useful life. It's almost time for a replacement. I decided that I was going to get something worth the money.

DH does consulting on the side and he will use his whole check to get my machine. I'm so very lucky............DH is a good man.

Of course, I'm on a major "let's not spend kick" right now...but will be worth the money (and, I've decided that it's better to invest in quality than spend a lot on junk, several times over).

Also, unless something blows up (like it's prone to do in our lives!), we will have our house paid off in April or May. I'm beyond excited. I hate to wish my life away, but this is a big milestone. I may be leaving my job shortly thereafter.