Page 102 of 349 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 3488

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 102

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    mmm, doesn't almond milk have more fat than whole milk? I wonder if you concentrate it first (ie boil it down to half its original volume, 1C down to 1/2C) that would get rid of excess water.

the sad thing about the butter is now that I am eating it I can't eat the things that make it easy to eat (a slice of bread for example).

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    the sad thing about the butter is now that I am eating it I can't eat the things that make it easy to eat (a slice of bread for example).
    Yep. That's why I keep thinking - this is harder than it appears on the surface

I wonder if my problem is that I"m using the almond milk beverage (one of non-primal things we have). Will investigate further. I've seen some commercial almond milk cheeses -- and then read the ingredients - caesin. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of almond milk cheese???

yes, the almond milk I use is the one you are talking about. Yes not exactly primal... I got more flexible with primal when I felt so little results. I let a few of my favs creep back in. Anyway, isn't 30 of its 40 calories fat? Why not put 1/2C of the almond milk in a pyrex glass, add a T of ACV, and let it sit on your counter for 24 hours and see what happens? It looks like you may end up having to add a thickening agent (gelatin), but I would start with what would be the easiest method first.

It seems to me that you could use fat, and gelatin, and some dried coconut, and some sweetening agent and end up with a decent fat source that was not too high in protein or carbs, that would be portable

Good call. I also found a couple of easy recipes for mac nut cheese. That's a decent source of fat as well!

Given that I drink so much of the almond milk, I may have to start making it myself. Lots of stuff in that one. there must also be a way to make coconut milk?

I just saw a blog post where she used sunflower seeds crushed to a flour as a replacement for almond flour, cheaper and probably less protein.

I've thought of that, too. But......I'm lazy I don't drink much, but DH and mom do (DH is lactose intollerant). We don't drink soda, so relatively, I don't mind if they drink it.

Coconut milk: Coconut Milk from Coconut Flakes

Ooh, sunflower seed flower. That's interesting...............

Recipe Index

I like her blog and recipes too.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I agree we need to help keep you in NK while you travel, not that I know much about it as I am still trying to get there.

I am thrilled that the cream cheese worked out so well. If you figure out anything interesting with sunflower seeds let me know. LOL Since I am allergic to nuts, sunflower seeds are my go-to.

I love your goal to walk 100 miles this month!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Karin - I pinned a great microwave sunflower seed bread (sorta like an english muffin). Looks good. I'm thinking to try it.