Page 101 of 345 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 3450

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 101

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I agree. Not a real gain. Sometimes the body needs to adjust to a new way of eating. I have heard others report a weight gain at the beginning of a lchf program.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Ruth, I just found a really cool website..Pin That Paleo

I seem to remember that paleo does not include dairy so you may have some luck with this. It is similar to pinterest but with all paleo stuff. Obviously we will still have to watch out for the carbs, but the pictures look delicious, and it is likely to lead to some new discoveries!

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Cool. Thanks! More later.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    COOL! Checking out the site!!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Okay, I think the water weight is gone. Now I have to deal with the actual weight gain. I'm somewhere around 164. Up from my low of 161ish. The scale (OR my measurements) is not moving as fast as I want, but I'm reminding myself that I've only had 7 clean days in a row, and it took at least 3 of those days to get into ketosis. So, I dropped over 2 pounds of water weight and, from experience, if I can continue without blowing my eating, then further losses will happen. I just need to be patient...

My February goals:
    * walk 100 miles this month. 35 miles a week is 10k steps a day (roughly), so this should be doable. Since I have a desk job, I think it's really important that I try and get a decent amount of movement.
    * stay in ketosis until my first business trip (hopefully I can keep going through all travel!).
    * figure out how to travel and not blow my ketosis.

You know, I never thought it would be difficult to eat enough fat. Of course, when your fat vehicles are limited, guess it does make it more difficult

you can do this! We definitely need to help you with the travel ketosis. How did the new batch of cream cheese do?

DH really liked it

One of the trips will be hard - eating out (with boss), no microwave, etc. One will be easier - traveling by car, fridge, probably only one meal out.

did you like it? I wonder if you can use different milks? Because that (adding ACV) is essentially how I make "sour cream" or "buttermilk" or some soft cheeses. I think with say Almond Milk you would use maybe 2T of ACV per cup of milk (I use 1T per cup to get the sour cream, with no straining) and leave it covered on the counter top for 24 hours. Also, I wonder if you could just use the starter that they use for making cream cheese. I think it is a mesophilic starter.

It wasn't bad. Can you make cheese from butter? If I use almond milk, I don't think it has enough fat... [Off to google]

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yeah. That was a silly question. I need to think of more things I can do with butter, lard, tallow, etc. I've made some coconut flour/lard spice cookies - pretty good and the carbs are not terrible.