Finally feeling like I'm finding my groove again. Yesterday was another great day. My measurements are still up, which means the scale is still up, but they are coming back down. Good. Sleep was great. Starting to feel my awesome energy come back. What I'm learning:
1. Big breakfast. Trying to "save" my calories for later in the day does not work, at least right now. I am a morning person, so this does make some sense.
2. Liquid calories do nothing to help me feel satisfied, at least early in the day. This is true for bone broth, BPC, etc. Better to use my broth in cooking and my butter/coconut oil in/on food.
3. Most of my calories need to come from animal products. The same calories in say coconut oil do not fill me up the same way butter, ghee, lard, etc. do. Weird, I know. Olives, coconut oil, avocados will have to be flavoring agents as opposed to my main fat sources.
4. I'm extremely sensitive to protein. More than 50 grams and I'm essentially "knocked out" again.
5. I have to be careful of "snacky" foods. Olives, nuts - do NOT fill me up, unless they are mixed with something. It's way too easy to overeat these - even if they are pre-portioned. Pork rinds - too much protein and like lays, I just can't stop.
I made the Fat Bread with mac nuts, lard (from "pastured" pigs), and butter last night. Ate a HUGE slice at 3 pm and am still not hungry. Don't know why this fills me up so, but it really does. It's going to be a go-to meals. It can travel without refrigeration. Another meal is pate, eggs, and mayo or olive tapenade.