Page 100 of 339 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 3384

Thread: Primal Journal (RMS) page 100

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    when I went to Fla for 1.5 weeks I took along some coconut bars I had made, I don't remember what they were made of or if I posted the recipe, I will look, they were very portable, and yummy-even DD was eating them for breakfast. I will look that up for you.

edit: they are the "7 layer bars" on the last page of our recipe group. they were great all the way to the last one, traveled very well. If you get that "cream cheese" to work you could probably add a layer of that.
    Last edited by demuralist; 01-25-2013 at 07:50 AM.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Finally feeling like I'm finding my groove again. Yesterday was another great day. My measurements are still up, which means the scale is still up, but they are coming back down. Good. Sleep was great. Starting to feel my awesome energy come back. What I'm learning:

1. Big breakfast. Trying to "save" my calories for later in the day does not work, at least right now. I am a morning person, so this does make some sense.
    2. Liquid calories do nothing to help me feel satisfied, at least early in the day. This is true for bone broth, BPC, etc. Better to use my broth in cooking and my butter/coconut oil in/on food.
    3. Most of my calories need to come from animal products. The same calories in say coconut oil do not fill me up the same way butter, ghee, lard, etc. do. Weird, I know. Olives, coconut oil, avocados will have to be flavoring agents as opposed to my main fat sources.
    4. I'm extremely sensitive to protein. More than 50 grams and I'm essentially "knocked out" again.
    5. I have to be careful of "snacky" foods. Olives, nuts - do NOT fill me up, unless they are mixed with something. It's way too easy to overeat these - even if they are pre-portioned. Pork rinds - too much protein and like lays, I just can't stop.

I made the Fat Bread with mac nuts, lard (from "pastured" pigs), and butter last night. Ate a HUGE slice at 3 pm and am still not hungry. Don't know why this fills me up so, but it really does. It's going to be a go-to meals. It can travel without refrigeration. Another meal is pate, eggs, and mayo or olive tapenade.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    p.s. did you see my suggestion for your cheese? I was thinking maybe ACV would make it tangier and should substitute out exactly for the lemon juice.
    Started another batch last night. Tested it this am - LOVING the ACV.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I pre measure nuts and pork rinds. lol Add extra butter to veg or Olive oil to salads? Have you tried eating cream cheese? It has minimal lactose.
    Nuts and pork rinds don't leave me feeling full, even though they have tons of fat. It may be the addictive nature in my personality. But, I am finding a few other things

After some experimentation, I think I've decided it's not a lactose issue, but a casein issue. Cream cheese is better, but still messes with my stomach. Once I get to my goal weight, I'm going to see if I can work with my stomach to tolerate dairy - at least really high-fat, high-quality dairy

Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    Ruth, I curious as the next batch of cheese. Also, can you tell me more about your morning pate..I think you posted it but not sure where to find it.

I agree with taking these moments to plan. If you could have premeasured items to travel with then maybe when you went to dinner you could have a soup or salad and then eat what you brought when you get back to the room? Not sure if this was addressed, probably but my head is fuzzy.
    I can tell this cream cheese is going to ROCK. Still tastes a little like coconut, but not too much. The ACV is better. I may double the amount next time (I do like the tang). The Pate I get is the 3 Little Pigs Pate Rustique. It's HARD to find. I get it at Whole Foods, when they have it in stock. It's pretty much the only one I've found without dairy. I also have trouble finding Liverwurst with dairy.

So Ruth, now you might want to experiment with different brands of coconut milk. I also wonder if the ACV would turn most any "milk" into a kind of cheese. Such that maybe almond milk might work? This website might answer that question if you roam around a bit...FAQ-Cheesemaking for Beginners

I really don't think you have to just use the thicker part from the can, if you use enough ACV, essentially you are curdling the milk.

Do you have issues with sheep and goat milk as well?

Thanks, Chris, I'm going to check that site out.

I have not tried sheep or goat milk as I can't easily find them. Goat milk is said to be a potential good bet, so I'd like to try it. But, I'm also a little hesitant. My last test left with my 7 days of bloat and many days in the bathroom (TMI, sorry).

Took a 6 mile walk, 2 miles in the rain. Since we need the rain and it was decently warm, I can't complain.

If you have a Trader Joes near by they have some very mild cheeses made form both goat and sheep milk. I understand the hesitation though, that kind of discomfort is not worth a few pieces of cheese!

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    I am thrilled you have found some success with the coconut cream cheese. There are so many possibilities for it! I agree that you need to try different coconut milks. Some are more coconutty than others.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Ok, guys, talk me off the ledge. I'm at 166 lb. TOM is long gone. I've been "back" in the zone since Friday, eating right and keeping my calories in check. This is a very real gain - I had been hovering at 162-163 for months. My pants are tight. I see all of the very real successes and I think "what is wrong with me?". Sigh. I'm almost in tears this morning.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    How is your fluid consumption?
    How much salt have you had?
    It is NOT a real gain.. it is water. It HAS to be water especially since you are eating right.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

It is obviously not a real gain, come on, you would have had to overeat like 12,000 calories (I know that calories in/calories out is not exactly true, so lets say give or take and extra 12,000 calories). There is some reason that your body is holding on to fluid.

Now I hesitate to suggest this, but....I did a day where I had too much carb (although my carb and protein added together were not over what my carb and protein goals would be added together) but it was veggie carbs, lots of fiber. AND, well (TMI alert) I had a very thorough intestinal cleansing. Maybe at least try switching out what ever is giving you your carbs now for something a bit higher in fiber (avocado comes to mind since it has as much fiber as carb and the fat would help things along) Just a thought.