Thread: Actual omega 6:3 ratio of grass-fed beef tallow? page

alexdc is offline Member

Actual omega 6:3 ratio of grass-fed beef tallow?

Primal Fuel
    US Wellness says that their grass-fed beef tallow has an omega 6:3 ration similar to fish (which, considering my wild Alaskan salmon has an omega 6:3 ratio of about 1:12, sends by BS meter well into the red zone). Does anyone have an idea of what the ratio actually is? I know grain fed tallow has around a 5:1 ratio, which isn't terrible, but I might go with mutton tallow, which is about 2:1, if the ratio isn't too great.

I'm trying to up my calories a bit, and I'm thinking about adding a tablespoon or two of this stuff to a smoothie I make everyday. I'm afraid the taste of lamb tallow might taint my drink, but I'm a bit more concerned about keeping my 6:3 ratio in check right now.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

T-Bone is offline Junior Member

I'm on the search for good Beef Grass-Fed Tallow too... anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by alexdc View Post
    US Wellness says that their grass-fed beef tallow has an omega 6:3 ration similar to fish (which, considering my wild Alaskan salmon has an omega 6:3 ratio of about 1:12, sends by BS meter well into the red zone). Does anyone have an idea of what the ratio actually is? I know grain fed tallow has around a 5:1 ratio, which isn't terrible, but I might go with mutton tallow, which is about 2:1, if the ratio isn't too great.

I'm trying to up my calories a bit, and I'm thinking about adding a tablespoon or two of this stuff to a smoothie I make everyday. I'm afraid the taste of lamb tallow might taint my drink, but I'm a bit more concerned about keeping my 6:3 ratio in check right now.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Wondering the same thing, hopefully someone has some info! A buddy referred me to US Wellness but I then saw you have to have a $75 minimum purchase...
    Thanks.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Do realize that beef fat is also a very poor source of both Omega 6 and Omega 3. Eating a little fish easily displaces any polyunsaturated acid imbalance that beef could cause.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html