Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open

Thread: Actual omega 6:3 ratio of grass-fed beef tallow?

Actual omega 6:3 ratio of grass-fed beef tallow?

Shop Now
    US Wellness says that their grass-fed beef tallow has an omega 6:3 ration similar to fish (which, considering my wild Alaskan salmon has an omega 6:3 ratio of about 1:12, sends by BS meter well into the red zone). Does anyone have an idea of what the ratio actually is? I know grain fed tallow has around a 5:1 ratio, which isn't terrible, but I might go with mutton tallow, which is about 2:1, if the ratio isn't too great.

I'm trying to up my calories a bit, and I'm thinking about adding a tablespoon or two of this stuff to a smoothie I make everyday. I'm afraid the taste of lamb tallow might taint my drink, but I'm a bit more concerned about keeping my 6:3 ratio in check right now.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

I'm on the search for good Beef Grass-Fed Tallow too... anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by alexdc View Post
    US Wellness says that their grass-fed beef tallow has an omega 6:3 ration similar to fish (which, considering my wild Alaskan salmon has an omega 6:3 ratio of about 1:12, sends by BS meter well into the red zone). Does anyone have an idea of what the ratio actually is? I know grain fed tallow has around a 5:1 ratio, which isn't terrible, but I might go with mutton tallow, which is about 2:1, if the ratio isn't too great.

I'm trying to up my calories a bit, and I'm thinking about adding a tablespoon or two of this stuff to a smoothie I make everyday. I'm afraid the taste of lamb tallow might taint my drink, but I'm a bit more concerned about keeping my 6:3 ratio in check right now.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Wondering the same thing, hopefully someone has some info! A buddy referred me to US Wellness but I then saw you have to have a $75 minimum purchase...
    Thanks.

Shop Now
    Do realize that beef fat is also a very poor source of both Omega 6 and Omega 3. Eating a little fish easily displaces any polyunsaturated acid imbalance that beef could cause.
    Steak, eggs, potatoes - fruits, nuts, berries and forage. Coconut milk and potent herbs and spices. Tea instead of coffee now and teeny amounts of kelp daily. Let's see how this does! Not really had dairy much, and gut seems better for it.