Thread: Too few calories? page

lunadam is offline Member

Shop Now

Hi all-

Long time lurker, first time posting. I have been Primal for about 3 weeks now and I am concerned that I may be consuming too few calories. I am 6'0 220 and based on my understanding I should be consuming between 1800 and 2000 calories a day.

However, I feel full after only about 1500. I am using Fitday to track my eating habits so I believe that I am pretty close to understanding the calories I ingest. I don't get bad hunger pains nor do I wake up ravenous in the mornings. I still feel that I have plenty of energy and I don't bonk when working out.

Should I try to force myself to eat more or should I keep trucking along at 1500ish?

Thanks for the advice!

L

Acmebike is offline Member

If you have fat stores on your body, you are likely tapping into them. With nutrient dense whole foods, you will get all the "stuff" your body needs and any extra calories the body needs can/will be pulled out of your fat stores. The metabolism is complex and self regulating, if you give it a chance to be so!

Don't even stress on the calorie count, just focus on the real-foods and Primal/Paleo eating/exercising/sleep/stress management. Don't force feed!

trypleight is offline Junior Member

Eat when you are hungry. Listen to your body. Our bodies are much more knowledgeable than we or any book/website could ever be. You are doing fine. Keep it up.