Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reasons to give up coffee page

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member

Reasons to give up coffee

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Is there really any good ones?
    I did read a little about it causing the surge in blood sugars, is this right?
    I'm on to the 3rd day of giving up coffee and ive felt awful all 3 days, the withdrawals are horrible. I didn't even feel this bad giving up the grains.
    My original reason for giving it up is because dairy makes me feel sick, and the only time I had it was cream with my coffee pretty much, but I then discovered coconut crack which tastes pretty good.
    But I also think the problem was my coffee intake was starting to creep up to 3-4 a day instead of my usual 1-2.
    So is 1-2 coffees a day harmful for general health? And will it negatively affect weight loss?

Oh and is drinking a cup of normal tea the same? Or is tea better or worse for you?

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I usually drink herbal tea, but lately I've been having a couple cups of decaf in the morning while I work. I can't see much difference, but I've never been accused of being "normal".
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    The negative aspects about coffee I've heard are that the caffeine leaches vitamins from you, and that coffee is very acidic on the pH scale, which can lead to weight gain. but if you're eating alkaline foods to balance it, I don't see a problem ???

But, i've also heard that it can be very beneficial for your health-- antioxidants and such......so who knows! lol
    I drink coffee occasionally. i'll add in some coconut milk or halfnhalf if I don't have non-dairy milk available. but, lately it's been making me feel nauseous in the morning when I have it. so *shrug* could just be that i'm drinking Starbucks coffee *guffaw*

Not sure if tea is better. I certainly enjoy the taste of coffee more than tea (mostly, i dont like milk in my tea...), but mostly just because tea mostly smells good rather than have a taste. and my tea is always bitter no matter how i steep it!

Roary is offline Senior Member
    Coffee is tasty. A cup or two a day won't break you. Find a variety you like and drink it black, in a small portion.

TKBSJ is offline Member
    I have been wondering the same thing so thanks for throwing it out there! I'm on day 2 and I am struggling! I think it also must be carb flu but who knows...I gave up coffee because I didn't like being dependant on it but if it's good for me than maybe I can have a coffee and feel better again? I don't want to cheat but if it's not harming me than why make myself feel crappy for no reason?

Ah, help

Yeah that is what I am thinking TKBSJ, I took painkillers as the headache was horrible, and it meant I wasn't doing anything, and its not fair on my kids.
    its been 3 days of hell and I just don't think its worth it. Maybe ill try to stick to 1-2 a day with the coconut crack?
    Argh, don't know.

I am so desperate I am seriously considering taking my children out in the rain. They will stay dry, but I won't.
    Is it really that addictive, or is it just in my head?
    Last edited by Ayla2010; 11-23-2011 at 05:39 PM.

BohemianBo is offline Member
    It helps to let your addiction gently drop by drinking some green tea. It's got about 1/4th the caffeine. It's a good stepping stone.
    Don't give up.

ljq309 is offline Senior Member
    I don't know if this is scientifically proven but coffee makes my cellulite worse... and I sleep better without it.
    Lost the weight using CW. Now I just want to be healthier.
    Lisa's primal-ish when she feels like it journal.
    Feel free to read and/or comment, but don't expect me to listen.
    Distance walked 2012: 321 kms as of June 15.

Hardwarehank is offline Senior Member
    Can't add much to the conversation other than you don't need coffee in your life. But I may be biased as I never really drank it to begin with.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast