Thread: Beef Bone Broth vs Chicken page

Rosemary 231 is online now Senior Member

Beef Bone Broth vs Chicken

Is beef bone broth and chicken bone broth the same nutritionwise? I prefer to make the chicken and like the taste better but I'm trying to heal some arthritic joints and I want to use the best, nutritious bone broth I can.

prodistat is offline Senior Member
    blah blah blah - n3/n6 ratio - blah blah - beef broth better - blah blah

Just make sure it has a lot of gelatine in it. Personally, I use pork stock because beef bone broth tastes kind of crappy and I get a stomach ache from chicken. If you don't like it, I highly doubt you'll keep eating it.
    Last edited by prodistat; 11-23-2011 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Prodistat
    Poke it quickly, with a stick.

slowcooker is online now Senior Member
    Another trick that might help you if you drink coffee, is to put your egg shells in the coffee maker with your coffee. The stuff in egg shell membranes is good for joints.
    There is a product called fast joint care plus that is just that (egg shelf membranes), I've taken it and it worked for me and the doctor that told me about it says it has worked for lots of others. Amazon.com: fast joint care + 60 Day Supply (60 Capsules) Brand: Genuine Health: Health & Personal Care

Quote Originally Posted by slowcooker View Post
    Another trick that might help you if you drink coffee, is to put your egg shells in the coffee maker with your coffee. The stuff in egg shell membranes is good for joints.
    There is a product called fast joint care plus that is just that (egg shelf membranes), I've taken it and it worked for me and the doctor that told me about it says it has worked for lots of others. Amazon.com: fast joint care + 60 Day Supply (60 Capsules) Brand: Genuine Health: Health & Personal Care
    Thanks, I've never heard of the product before. Eggs shells in the coffee maker I have heard about. Not for joint problems but for calcium increase in general. Problem being, when I started drinking bone broth in the morning I no longer had the desire for coffee.

Farfalla is online now Senior Member
    The animals will not fight if you put them in the same pot. I hardly ever make "pure" broth. For example, the last time I used oxtails and turkey necks. Yesterday I boned two turkey legs, and the bones and skins are waiting in the freezer for the next broth, where they will be joined by an assortment of other meats and bones. However, I never use pork for broth although I love pork roast.

But I think the best (=most gelatinous and tastiest) broth is from old hens. It's a pity that much of the meat is not very good, unlike oxtails and turkey necks, which are delicious to pick off and eat with horseradish or mustard.

[QUOTE But I think the best (=most gelatinous and tastiest) broth is from old hens. It's a pity that much of the meat is not very good, unlike oxtails and turkey necks, which are delicious to pick off and eat with horseradish or mustard.[/QUOTE]

A couple of days ago I did a broth with the bones from some roasted chickens. I've done it before and it had a
    "good gelatin". The last chicken broth I did would not gel at all. I decided it might not impart all the minerals and vitamins I want in my one cup of broth a day so I just froze it to use as chicken stock. I prefer the taste of chicken over beef but I'll drink whatever does me the most good. My daughter just took the turkey out of the oven. I plan to make a great stock out of that.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I love the taste of chicken stock and could drink it every day. However, I do find that beef stock made from marrow rich bones does give me an increase in energy. I think the marrow from beef bones contains lipids that are difficult to get anywhere else. So I try to make beef stock sometimes too.

I never thought of combining them - it's an interesting idea