Thread: Uses for homemade jams? page

Roary is offline Senior Member

Uses for homemade jams?

Primal Fuel
    Hi all. I've recently been gifted some homemade jams ... what do I do with them? The flavors are good: Apricot-Habanero, Hot Jalapeno, the classic Orange Marmalade, and Strawberry Peach Gran Marnier. I know I can use the first three for marinades or grilling sauces . . . does anything else come to mind? I haven't a clue what to do with the strawberry one, except re-gift it. Also does anybody know how long they will last unopened and should they be in the fridge?

Thanks for your help!

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    mmmm jalapeno jelly! used to eat it with cream cheese on bagels lol. would be great as a spread on some paleo friendly crackers, but that's all i can think of..hm...

SweetPickles is offline Senior Member
    We have homemade jam at my house, too. It's not primal, but I like to add a spoonful to my plain full-fat yogurt. Yum.

They should last for at least a year or two unopened (before the sugar crystallizes), a couple of months in the fridge after you open them. Unless it's freezer jam, no need to refrigerate until after they are opened.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    We threw them all away and re-gifted the others. If I want something sweet, it's going to be fruit, my raw honey or some dark chocolate. Jams and jellies are just candy in thin disguise.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    For an occasional sweet treat, I make a nut butter & jelly spoonwich.

Take spoon. Scoop out nut butter of choice, then dunk down into the jelly/jam. Place into mouth. Proceed to roll eyes about and make piggeh noises.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Roary is offline Senior Member
    Spoonwich -- i love it! I just never had a name for it! I use almond butter and coconut butter.

Good to know thy don't need to be in the fridge, thanks for that! I think I'll keep the two hot ones to grill on salmon, and re-gift the others (tomorrow, in fact -- Hostess Gift!!)

Lily Marie is offline Senior Member
    I occasionally use them to add to marinade that I inject into meat - Mmmnommy