Thread: Am I on the right track? page

hixster is offline Member

Am I on the right track?

Primal Fuel
    Hello everyone,
    I started on the Primal Blueprint 21 day guide and just want to make sure I am on the right track food wise. I am 6' 280lbs not sure of body fat right now but at the beginning of summer my lean mass was 228lbs and I weighed 293. Pretty much every morning I have 5 eggs cooked in butter 3 strips of bacon and 1 once of mozzarella cheese and a table spoon of olive oil or coconut oil. Lunch is usually chicken with skin or ground beef with a large mixed greens salad with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and a tablespoon of coconut oil. Some days when not hungry I skip lunch and eat at dinner time. Which is usually the same as lunch. I eat til comfortable not stuffed. Does this seem okay? Thanks for all input.

Kharnath is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hixster View Post
    Does this seem okay?
    I don't know. Are you losing weight (assuming that's your goal), and is it mostly from your fat stores? How is your physical performance after you started on the diet? Do you feel healthy?

I have only been on primal for 10 days. Pants feel a tad looser but I am sure I will need more time. Energy wise I feel fine and my strength seems normal. Fat loss is my goal.

A bump for more input

otzi Guest
    What you are eating should result in weightloss for most people of similar stature. You should take some measurements, waist, legs, neck etc... and weigh yourself weekly. If, after a month you haven't lost as much as you'd hoped, start tweaking your diet. Read the exercise portions of the book, too. Make sure you are getting a wide variety of the foods talked about in the book--bone broth, vegetables, organ meats...it's all crucial to the formula! Don't cheat!

That said, there are people out there with metabolic derangements that PB can't fix. These folks need to see a doctor. At your height and weight, 30lbs of weight loss in the first 2 months is not unreasonable.

Thank you, otzi

dado Guest
    you want some insight? you're doing good, keep up the strong efforts.

do you squat?

Quote Originally Posted by dado View Post
    you want some insight? you're doing good, keep up the strong efforts.

do you squat?
    Yes but with resistance bands as I have a total hip. I have lifted weights for 17 years and had some weight loss success via CW but never maintained the losses. So far eating the primal way has been fairly easy and I have had no cravings to throw me off.

dado Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hixster View Post
    Yes but with resistance bands as I have a total hip. I have lifted weights for 17 years and had some weight loss success via CW but never maintained the losses. So far eating the primal way has been fairly easy and I have had no cravings to throw me off.
    this warms my heart.