Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I can't afford to eat only grass fed meat page

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member

I can't afford to eat only grass fed meat

Primal Fuel
    Based on the above statement, how much damage am I doing by not being able to feed myself with grass fed meat?
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

Chochobo is offline Senior Member
    not much really since red meat has better ratio than pork or poultry. if ur concerned just buy lean meats, like top sirloin.
    "Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we often might win, by fearing to attempt." -- William Shakespeare

my weight loss story...
    started @400+pounds
    CW: 191lbs 15%BF
    PB: 158lbs 10%BF 33in waist
    UD2(6 weeks): 168lbs 9%BF 31in waist
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread39123.html

rhee is offline Senior Member
    I travel so often I can't find grass fed meat, so I feel your pain. Just focus on getting the best cuts you can afford and don't worry so much about the grass fed. I would personally spend my money on quality fats like grassfed butter, lard, etc if you are able.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    grass fed is great, but not an absolute necessity. i eat mostly conventional meat, but make it a point to get the best quality i can find where i shop, get the leaner options (toxins are stored in the fat), and supplement with fish oil. the main reason for eating grass fed is the omega ratio, so fish oil or good quality fish a couple of days a week will do you just fine.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I can't either. So it's fish most days for me. Canned mackerel is 1.69 per can and frozen salmon 4.00 for frozen side that makes three dinners. So 8.00 per week for salmon and 1.69 x about 4 for mackerel in my lunch. I'd rather eat the toxins in fish than the antibiotics and pesticides and herbicides in conventional beef.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't stress about it.

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    Awesome folks, thanks.
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

brahnamin is offline Senior Member
    Don't let perfect be the enemy of good. I'm in the same boat and mostly I use lean cuts and add coconut oil when I cook (or use a wet cooking method like braising, boiling, or crock pot/dutch oven, maybe adding a little EVOO as appropriate) to avoid the *bad* fats.

You can even do the coconut oil thing with ground beef if you have the butcher grind a lean cut special for you.

Griffin is offline Senior Member
    Don't let perfect be the enemy of good.
    I like that.
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by brahnamin View Post
    Don't let perfect be the enemy of good.
    Yup, that's a good way to look at it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast