Thread: Poopie!!! page

dianejaquay is offline Member

Poopie!!!

Shop Now
    Nope, not a post about poop I was all set to order some Schokinag Extreme Bittersweet Chocolate Chips (75% chocolate liquor) from King Arthur Flour, and they are not available and don't know when they will be. The next darkest chips I've been able to find doing an internet search is about 60%, but I was really hoping for darker than that. Definitely want the chips as opposed to bars or discs, does anyone know of a source for really really DARK chips???

Thanks!

karatepig is offline Member
    Make your own! Put some coconut milk or heavy cream in a pan, and melt an entire package of Bakers 100% chocolate. Add a bit of vanilla extract if you want, then sweeten to taste. Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. After that, all you have to do is pour it all onto a sheet of wax paper, being sure to spread the chocolate thinly, so you can easily break it into little pieces. Then pop it in the fridge for a bit, an....poof! Delicious chocolate chips You can even use some a sugar alternative, if you are willing to. I like erythritol and xylitol.

Not really interested in making my own, does anyone know if there is a source out there to buy these?

Diane

mlm
    mlm is offline Junior Member

Thanks, mim, I just ordered some!

Diane

mlm
    mlm is offline Junior Member
    No problem, enjoy ;-) You'll probably be getting more soon enough

I received my order last week, I got the Callebaut, and they are DIVINE!! Be warned though, they're highly addictive, so rich and creamy and chocolatey, if you don't think you can handle having a temptation like that in your cupboard, do not order any lol!!

ExSpudSuckinMc is offline Junior Member
    GREAT idea!!! I was complaining yesterday at the grocery store that I couldn't find any chocolate bars higher than 90% cocoa (2 months ago I wouldn't have been interested in anything higher than 60%). I'll have to price out the ingredients to see if it makes sense financially but it's worth looking into! Coconut flakes and dark chocolate is my crack!