Thread: week 3 of going primal.....bring on the holidays!!!! page

witch71 is offline Junior Member

week 3 of going primal.....bring on the holidays!!!!

Shop Now
    The Questions:

Your location: New Jersey

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: Doing my best. I keep carb intake between 50 - 100 daily. No grains. Hardly any dairy.

Do you consume dairy: Very little so far. Some creamer in my coffee. Some plain natural yogurt with an apple. No more milk (I was 3 to 4 gallons of milk a week before). No more cheese (I put cheese on everything)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee every other day. I have supplemented morning coffee with homemade vegetable juice every other day. I enjoy a glass or two of iced tea at night with dinner. I drink water all day and I enjoy the change at night.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I hit 325 on the scale. The most I have ever been. I put on 40 pounds in the past year. Also looking for improved overall health.

Favorite exercise: Right now I enjoy 30 minutes on the elliptical machine and 30 minutes of light free weight work. I have been reading a lot about crossfit for beginners and look forward to starting some of those routines.

Favorite Primal food: Ribeye with brussel sprouts/bacon pan fried in the bacon fat.

Best part about being Primal: Increased energy. Not feeling hungry all the time.

Worst part about being Primal: Feeling really uneducated and overwhelmed about the scientific specifics that make this way of life work. And no ice cream

Looking forward to learning more about what makes this diet work and burning off some of this energy in the gym (it's cold in New Jersey so the outdoor workouts are on hold until the spring)

rhee is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! It seems you are off to a great start .

witch71 is offline Junior Member
    Thank you, I feel great. I have never had so much energy. The first week of headaches and general irritability was difficult at times but I am glad to be past it. I even have today mapped out so I do not go too overboard.

Happy Thanksgiving!!