Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Biggest Lose page

sanguebom is offline Junior Member

The Biggest Lose

Primal Fuel
    So I wanted to know everyone's oppinion about this show. I think it is a good idea for people to get active and loose weight. I don't like their suggestions on diets. Last week's episode had a trivia question about the best source of energy, whether from grains, meats, or fruits and vegetables. I know you can guess what they preach on that show. They said grains. After visiting this site and doing a lot of research, I know they are wrong. I especially know they are wrong after the effects I felt when I cut out grains. Just wanting some opinions.
    thanks

Kharnath is offline Senior Member
    The show promotes crash dieting. Need I say more?

B. Knight is offline Senior Member
    Yeah pretty much agree with Kharnath, it promotes unsustainable dieting and exercise (IMO, of course). I guarantee 95% of the contestants gain the weight back plus a few pounds.
    "You don't have forever to change yourself."
    Stefan Molyneux
    Freedomain Radio

"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
    Mark Twain

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    its also emotionally tough on the contestants, creating a bad situation for them.

Balance is offline Senior Member
    The show seems to put an emphasis on working out really hard to create a caloric deficit to lose weight. But as we all know chronic cardio is not sustainable due to high levels of stress on the body/inflammation and the amount of food you have to eat to keep up with the workouts. Not to mention these people have trainers yelling at them all day long to motivate them to keep going. Will they be able to continue at these high levels when they are no longer in front of the cameras with high paid trainers? I do realize that working out is important, but 80% of your body composition is going to come from what you are eating.

I think many of us can attest to eating a conventional USDA food pyramid style "healthy" diet and working out like crazy. And finding that the results are consistently better with a Paleo/Primal lifestyle instead.

Finally, in my opinion losing weight is secondary and the iceing on the cake to having a healthy life, which in my opinon is much more important than losing weight. The weight loss will typically come naturally if every aspect of living a healthy life (including diet, stress, sleep) are in order.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    So many contestants on that show either (A) gain all the weight back or (B) develop an eating disorder FROM the show. I used to watch it, but I can no longer be arsed. Something about all the slo-mo closeups of morbidly obese people's fat jiggling and public humiliation .... and the fact that Jillian is a huge hypocrite. She eats fairly low carb, and if she is going to have any at all, it's going to be only in the morning. Her lunches are LC and her dinners are ZC.

Want to see bodies changing rapidly before your eyes ... and they actually keep it off? Watch Dancing With The Stars. Another big transformation this season(Ricki Lake). Seen Kelly Osbourne and Kirstie Alley lately?
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

newberrycrater is offline Senior Member
    In my opinion, the show is about punishing fat people in the guise of being helpful, motivational and uplifting. The producers prey on the desperation of the overweight and exploit them. I hate, hate, HATE this show and all those like it.

CavemanCop is offline Junior Member
    they also fail to is that almost all of those contestants recieve a major injury while on the show, while most people following proper diet and excerise programs will lose the same amount of weight

Hardwarehank is offline Senior Member
    It's a two hour commercial for Jennie-O turkey and Yoplait Light Sugar, er... I mean Yogurt.

Curmujeon is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I hate when the men weigh in--those man-boobs are disgusting! Couldn't they keep their shirts on when they weigh? How much does one of those shirts weigh anyway?
    Beware of fake meat.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast