Thread: vegtables boxes for the BAS, how to order them and what to put in them? page

talper is offline Member

vegtables boxes for the BAS, how to order them and what to put in them?

Primal Fuel
    ive seen mark fast salad video and thought its a great idea though i still doubt the quality and crispines of the veggies after 2-3 days chopped in the fridge.
    i went and bought a few containers and now i chopped onions, peppers and cucumber and put all of them in different containers.
    i chopped them actually, and ate a little salad right away so didnt get a chance to feel them after a few hours and more on the fridge.
    ive also bought zip bags as i understand its the best option for the greens but i have a few questions about this method.
    ive used to eating salad, even with meat/tuna/bacon when the veggies are chopped to little pieces and it seem kinda off, how should i chop them best to be used in a bas?

regarding the greens- i was advised to not use a knife/metal and just rip them by hand.
    if i want to use a few greens should i just mix them all in a bag real good so a handfull will be a mix of them all?
    also we have something called baby greens here that i understand is already a mix....i feel like if ill need to open/cut letuce, then open spinach bag, then this bag ect....im losing all the concept of "fast" but i guess it will still be much faster and will give me the option to use or not every green byitself.

also-what other containers should i have? what vegtables?
    should i cut the cherry tomatos in advance so to keep the idea of "fast" and very little work? or
    tomatos(any) will just lose it very very fast?

how many veggies each i should cut so it will last a good amount of time? how long should i aim for so it wont lose too much crisp ect?
    for example i cut 5-6 small cucumbers, that will probabely last for 2-3 salads only.
    last-do you think i should make a jar of sauce in advance? i do wanna go full primal but one of the things that halted me was the hardship of making(well especially the salads) each time a few times a day.

thanks

Juliemama is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't prep too far in advance...6 cukes sliced will go bad before you can eat them, slice up 3, save the other 3 for later in the week. Same with most soft skin veggies. Lettuce is up to you, buy 3 kinds, wash it, dry it, and rip it up into zippy bags is most economical, and probably the freshest, but that, too will only last 3 or 4 days in the fridge. Do two batches, the whole stuff will keep, once you wash and cut it the clock REALLY starts to tick!
    Definitely make a big batch of dressing or sauce, it will keep longer than the cut veggies.! Buy a pack of three containers with screw on jars (round) and shake up some bad ass dressing, it will keep for a good while depending on what you put in it!