Thread: What's the story with severe cravings? page

What's the story with severe cravings?

Primal Fuel
    Hi ,been Primal for 9 months now. About 4 weeks ago it hit me like a tonne of bricks. I needed to eat another handful of Macadamias, then another,still hungry.... dark chocolate...... cheese with deli meat. Insatiable!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This kept on coming day in day out for two weeks. Packets of chips, sugary chocolate(no more 85% Lindtt). What was going on with my system?

My meals generally through the 9 months have been pretty good. I'd say averaging out about 90/10!

The way I got back on track was to go super strict : 3 Squares a day and no snacking!!

Any thoughts would be welcome.

PrimalMark, Its not that I'm beating myself up it was how it crept up on me after being Primal for 9 months. I drink wine, eat dark chocolate, and pig out every now and then. Things are great but i just wanted to now if there was any scientific reason for that insatiable urge to power consume?
    Thanks for the reply.

Paleobird Guest
    The urge to graze like that can be your body telling you, "I am missing some vital nutrient. Keep looking. You might find it on the next tree". Your body doesn't know how to tell you exactly what it needs, just to keep looking. You might try plugging your food intake including macros and micros into something like SparkPeople or Fitday and seeing if it comes up short somewhere.

emmie is offline Senior Member
    My own experience is that sugar (or anything with a sweet taste) is a trigger for me, and I can overeat for days if I keep eating the sugar items--e.g., ice cream or cookies.

The only thing that keeps me from this behavior is total abstinence. I don't think my body is sending any signals that I 'need' sugar; I react to sugar much like an alcoholic reacts to alcohol.

CavemanCop is offline Junior Member
    try some hard boiled eggs, its hard even for me to down more than three at a time, and after drinking alot of water Im good for hours no matter how hungry I was to begin with

Solldara is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by emmie View Post
    My own experience is that sugar (or anything with a sweet taste) is a trigger for me, and I can overeat for days if I keep eating the sugar items--e.g., ice cream or cookies.

The only thing that keeps me from this behavior is total abstinence. I don't think my body is sending any signals that I 'need' sugar; I react to sugar much like an alcoholic reacts to alcohol.
    Me too
    1st June 11 to 30st Aug 11 - 36lb removed in 13 weeks
    Messed about on and off for the rest of the year

June 2012 - Had the practice - now time to do it for real

Thanks for the replies, its just that one episode. Weird that it crept up on me after all that time. After being strict for awhile i'm back to normal. No urges now even though at the weekends i'm eating sweet things etc.

activia is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by emmie View Post

Ditto

NDF
    NDF is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    The urge to graze like that can be your body telling you, "I am missing some vital nutrient. Keep looking. You might find it on the next tree". Your body doesn't know how to tell you exactly what it needs, just to keep looking. You might try plugging your food intake including macros and micros into something like SparkPeople or Fitday and seeing if it comes up short somewhere.
    This x10000
    Plus, if you were dieting/losing weight, its also possible this was your body's natural response to restricting calories.