Thread: Coumadin page

JasonB is offline Junior Member

Coumadin

Primal Fuel
    I am 41 years old, and had a stroke at 32. I've had approximately 2 kids and 8 years of hesitance of pushing myself physically for fear of another "problem". Prior to that I was very fit and active in martial arts from about 12 years old, I quit working out after the stroke. Probably a bad plan...

I had always been one of those people that took physical conditioning for granted. I don't have the stats exactly, but I'm 5'8" and about 215. Then I was about 175 solid and very well conditioned. Since then there has been a period of essentially fear of the unknown and what might happen. My wife having our first child 9 days after leaving the hospital.

That's the back story... I have been working out for a 2 years and have been trying to be primal in my eating habits. Problem is I am supposed to stay away from K. So much of the blueprint involves leafy greens and other things I can't have for fear of the problems of the K interfering with the coumadin.

A side note, no clotting disorder as the cause of the stroke. Was told it was a fluke, but the standard treatment is a while (ended up being forever) on coumadin. My issue now is no one will tell me it's alright to stop even though statistically baby aspirin is just barely less effective that coumadin. Basically don't fix it if it ain't broke.

Any ideas on ways I can have a coumadin friendly primal experience? I realize that this gets into murky waters when your talking strokes, I'm not asking for a get out of jail free card just ways to adapt the pyramid to my limitation.

Thanks for your time.

Nady is offline Senior Member