Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help really frustrated page

primalnicole is offline Junior Member

Help really frustrated

Primal Fuel
    Been primal foods for 9 months... I am the exact same weight. Maybe dropped 1 size. Still a size 6-8... was a size 2 after my first baby. My body fat % number is good but I feel/look like I have so much extra weight .. I want to lose 15-20 pounds. I walk about 4 hours a week, Crossfit 3x a week, sleep well, do ok on my carbs IF 1-3x per week. Still have 2-3 beers and/ or red wine per week.

And I weigh the exact same as when I ate crap. Although I've got stronger... can bust out push ups and pull ups now.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Buoy1 is offline Senior Member
    Suggestions:

-cut out dairy (if you still do dairy)
    -cut out nuts (if you eat a lot of nuts!)
    -look more closely at your carbs... what does "doing okay" with carbs look like in terms of grams?

Do you track your intake? Maybe do that for a week, then assess.

I do track... usually between 80-100 grams carbs except a day I have beer or sweet potato... still stays under about 150 Haven't tried cutting out nuts and dairy... thanks!.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    ...maybe because the extra weight is all in muscle? especially because you say your body fat % is okay.

Maybe, I've thought of that... but then I would think my hip/thigh fat would look less, or I would drop sizes... maybe not if im gaining muscle on quads and glutes? Im not sure... thanks for the insight...

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    It is hard to remember what we look like then and now. The more you do/loose the more you think you have to do/loose.
    Try finding some old photos of you from back then and compare them to photos now.
    If you have not done so I would start taking sets of photos of yourself both relaxed and flexed front, side side, back. Making sure the camera is the same distance away from you each month.
    I bet from the photos you will see a difference.

Issabeau is offline Senior Member
    What someone above said : Cut out dairy and nuts. Both are a weight loss killer.

I've been primal for almost 2 years and ate no nuts, yet continued with raw dairy because it's nutritious and full of good fats.
    Problem was, even though I lost the first 20 lbs and returned to 'normal' weight (by european standards), I would've much preferred to return to my ideal weight I was during high school.
    I cut out ALL dairy and within 4 weeks lost another 10 lbs of fat. My thick rhino skin returned to normal and I feel super.

Weight with dairy 145 lbs (5'10" female)
    Weight w/NO dairy 135 lbs

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primalnicole View Post
    I do track... usually between 80-100 grams carbs except a day I have beer or sweet potato... still stays under about 150 Haven't tried cutting out nuts and dairy... thanks!.
    The other macros contribute to overall calorie count so they should be tracked too.

touchdowntodd is offline Senior Member
    no dairy .. and lower carbs ...

LEPTIN RESET ...
    started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

Buoy1 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I might lower the carbs too if you're intent on losing. Half it and see how that goes- I'd bet you'd see a change pretty quick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast