Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there a reaction to this article? (raw-food-health.net) page

mkowske is offline Junior Member

Is there a reaction to this article? (raw-food-health.net)

Shop Now
    I was going to try e-mailing Mark about this but thought I'd check in the forums first. I came across this article while doing some google research...

It criticizes the "primal diet", but no mention of PB or Mark Sisson... even though I kind of thought he starting using that term. Anyway has there been a blog reaction to it?

I'm not even sure how old it is I couldn't find a date anywhere.

http://www.raw-food-health.net/Primal-Diet.html
    Last edited by mkowske; 11-21-2011 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Oops, forgot the link

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Do you have a link?

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    You forgot a link, but either way there's a lot of anti-primal/paleo stuff out there just as there would be for anything.

I wonder if there's ever been an anti-Weston Price (and/or foundation) piece though? they seem to be "level-headed" and don't parade a label such as primal/paleo while still essentially saying "eat real food, and soak grains/legumes if you must eat them" not to mention his work predates all of these guys.

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    think he's referring to this:

The Primal Diet: Where It Goes Wrong

Pretty sure there's been a discussion about it, but not sure where on the forum

Nady is offline Senior Member
    The only 'scientific' study I trust is the one I did on myself~ After a 10 day water fast, my skin was totally clear of the eczema I had been fighting for over a year~ refeeding was carefully documented~ I react severely to grains, I'd say gluten but I react (with eczema breakouts) to corn also. I also am lactose sensitive, although I can eat small amounts of cultured foods like yogurt and cheese. Legumes are on my no-no list too although I can eat green beans and snow peas~ go figure~ I refuse to take medications (things like autoimmune suppressors, Beano, Lactaid) so I can eat things my body doesn't want just to please others.

The point here being, eating foods that don't agree with an individual's physiology is nature's way of saying don't~ and using meds to compensate so you can continue to eat offending foods is what (imo) causes illness~ For me, without legumes, grains and dairy, I'm primal ~ what else is there?

I don't see how anyone can say one WOE is wrong and CW is right when a person's own body is the judge.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    It's too stupid to respond to.

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex Predator View Post
    It's too stupid to respond to.
    exactly. I didn't get past the second paragraph. If they dont' even know what the diet is, how can they criticize it accurately?
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Oh yeah that one has come up a lot and is certainly the dumbest one of the bunch, the assumptions in the first few paragraphs alone are astounding, if the author could at least pick which "primal diet" he/she was referring to it would certainly help.

brb eating like an eskimo.

earthspirit is offline Senior Member
    i couldnt really make it through very much. some stuff later is ok, talking about no grains, no dairy, no sugar etc. but the first few paragraphs are junky ignorant ones.

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JennaRose View Post
    think he's referring to this:

The Primal Diet: Where It Goes Wrong

Pretty sure there's been a discussion about it, but not sure where on the forum
    Oh my god.
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast