Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone use a Pressure Cooker??? page

sweetpoison is offline Junior Member

Question Anyone use a Pressure Cooker???

I had read.....many years back about Pressure cooking changes something about the meat cooked. Does anyone use one and if not..... please post reasons. I am considering getting one for the time saved.

Vicki

Rosemary 231 is offline Senior Member
    Hi. I'm using a pressure cooker right now. I'm making bone broth in it so that isn't a good thing to measure by. We have done corned beef and cabbage. Turned out tasting just like . . . corned beef and cabbage. No differences I could tell. The one I'm using is a stove top model and its borrowed. It makes making bone broth so quick and easy that I'm planning on buying a digital/electric one so I can plug it in outside. It only takes an hour and a half to cook the bones but there are some "wooses" in the family that dislike the smell.
    Last edited by Rosemary 231; 11-21-2011 at 01:46 PM.

LizardGurl is offline Member
    I LOVE my pressure cooker. It brings a lot of additional options to week night foods due to the reduced cooking time. The only meat I have done (so far) are really thick pork chops (the kind I would normally cook low and slow). They were done in about 20 minutes and very moist and tasty. I did a recipe write up on one of my PC variations at my blog.

I use the pressure cooker 3-4 times a week. It's great for artichokes, squash and sweet potatoes.

LG

Check out my blog about a post-menopausal woman's Paleo journey. Includes recipes, reviews, links to interesting research, and musings about the journey. http://paleopassage.com

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    I've been using one for years. Great for larger, tougher cuts of meats like pork shoulder, brisket, and pot roast. I also make stews and broths. I can make lamb stew meat like butter in 15 minutes at high pressure.

Buy my own

I mentioned above that I was using a borrowed pressure cooker. I'm going to get one for myself. Does anyone have a electric/digital one? They are a little more pricey but it would solve my problem about smelling up the house when I make bone broth.

sunnysara is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
    I mentioned above that I was using a borrowed pressure cooker. I'm going to get one for myself. Does anyone have a electric/digital one? They are a little more pricey but it would solve my problem about smelling up the house when I make bone broth.
    I got the Cuisinart one from Costco a few years back & really like it... so far no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysara View Post
    I got the Cuisinart one from Costco a few years back & really like it... so far no issues.
    I like Cuisinart products a lot. Does it have the strainer basket and does the insert come out for easier cleaning like it does in a slow cooker?

xntrik is offline Member
    I occasionally use my pressure cooker to quickly prepare a comfort dish of chicken parts cooked in homemade chicken stock. Chicken, chicken stock, chopped carrots and celery, bay leaf... when the pressure indicator pops all the way out, I set the timer for 15 minutes.

I also use the pressure cooker to cook dried beans when I have them, which is not often.

sunnysara is offline Senior Member
    The insert does come out for cleaning, etc which is wonderful. That is all I have ever had to clean & I often just stick it in the dishwasher.

There is no basket in mine - just a wire rack insert type thing for the bottom - this is to keep meet off the bottom of the pan/out of the liquids if you want to.

Vanessa120 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I got a Fagor Pressure Cooker this summer and seriously use it everyday!!!! Love it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast