Thread: New to the forum and primal page

docfitch is offline Junior Member

New to the forum and primal

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Your location: High Desert/So. Cal.

Age (If you want): 61

How Primal are you: I've only been at it for a week, but pretty much 100%

Do you consume dairy: a little bit of butter and a little 1/2 and 1/2

Do you drink coffee or tea: a cup of coffee with a little 1/2 and 1/2 a couple days a week, herbal tea on other days

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have Metabolic Syndrome (high blood glucose, cholesterol, blood pressure) and I read that Paleo eating would bring things back to normal. I would like to get off blood pressure meds.

Favorite exercise: Walking

Favorite Primal food: Filet mignon

Best part about being Primal: the thought of a lifestyle that will bring me back to good health

Worst part about being Primal: sometimes I crave bread or pasta

Issabeau is offline Senior Member
    Hello and welcome

I've been primal for almost 2 years now and haven't felt better at any time in my life, not even as a teenager.
    Remember don't limit yourself to steak, chicken and salad....it's time to become a Hunter in this modern world and shop around for variety.
    If you crave bread or pasta it is okay to have a baked potato (with sour cream) or a bowl of white rice (with fish or seaweeds) instead. Don't touch that toxic grain called wheat!!!

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Good on you for taking control of your health!

My parents (both in their 60's) got on board at the start of the year and have both seen benefits.

Dad's IBS has vanished (along with mine), skin has improved and he's off the statins.
    Mum's insomnia and restless legs have gotten a lot better and she notices that they worsen again when she does laps and eat grains again.
    And both have trimmed down (though neither were very overweight to begin with).

Enjoy
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

docfitch is offline Junior Member
    I'm surprised that you recommend potato and white rice. I didn't think I would be able to include them for quite a while.

Nady is online now Senior Member