Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Easy' Breakfasts page

Bolivar is offline Senior Member

'Easy' Breakfasts

Primal Fuel
    I have lived off bacon and scrambled egg for many a month, I am still not tired of it (will I ever get tired? (no)). But I am interested to see what other 'easy' breakfasts there are out there.

I would like to try and get more eggs in to my diet, so perhaps more omelletes are on the cards?

What cool easy breakfasts do you guys get in on a regular basis?

dado Guest
    i boil 8-12 eggs each morning and eat them as the day goes. maybe i will pop 2 immediately, or 4, and have 6 or 3 at 2pm.

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    i usually just reheat some dinner leftovers.

if you want more eggs, look up some egg muffin recipes...combos for meat/eggs/veg are pretty much endless.
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

kkratz57 is offline Senior Member
    I really like the pork and radish has from the PB Quick and Easy Recipes cookbook. If you cut everything up the night before, it's a cinch (and a great way to use up leftover pork).

saturnfan is offline Senior Member
    If you eat dairy, a nice bowl of full fat greek yogurt with some berries or cut up fruit is a nice quick breakfast. It is not the most filling option, but if times a factor, you can't get much quicker than that.

As Kennelmom suggested, left overs is also a great choice, since it probably only requires a few minutes in the microwave to heat up.

I sometimes bake fish in the morning for breakfast. Pop a piece of salmon in the oven for 15min and you are ready to go. A nice alternative to the normal breakfast flair.

Agatsu is offline Member
    I like to make egg casseroles. I just fried up some pork sausage, added onions and shredded zucchini, some Rotel type stuff (tomato bits and peppers). Drain off grease and put in a glass casserole dish. Cover with beaten eggs. Add seasoning and maybe some cheese. Stir to mix ingredients, bake at 350 until golden brown on top (maybe 30-45 minutes).
    It keeps well in the fridge, and can be cut up and eaten on the run.
    Your goals, minus your doubts, equals your reality.
    - Ralph Marston

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    The easiest breakfast and the healthiest breakfast are one in the same - no breakfast. I consider breakfast the most important meal to skip a day. Well, I shouldn't say that entirely. My breakfast is the same - a 12oz cup of extra dark black coffee with 25 drops of stevia extract. There's probably around 3 or 4 calories in the coffee in there somewhere, and the taste of sweetness may cause some marginal rise in insulin, so maybe I'm cheating a little.

If you don't want to give up your breakfast, I found the following to be extremely effective.

Buy a 12-cup non-stick cupcake pan. Crack 12 eggs, scramble them and mix in what you want. I used to do 2 or 3 finely chopped mushrooms, 3 crumbled strips of bacon, a handful of shredded cheddar and some cracked black pepper. Pour it evenly into the 12 muffin trays and bake at 350*F for 10-15 minutes or until done to your liking. Each muffin equates to one egg with a marginal amount of mushroom, bacon and cheese. Eat as many or as little as you want each morning.

I limit dairy on most days, particularly fermented dairy. Yogurt in particular causes a massive insulin spike that makes white bread blush with modesty, so I limit my yogurt intake to post-workout meals. If you're looking to lose body fat, I advise avoiding dairy, especially fermented dairy, except at times where you want the insulin surge.
    Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 11-21-2011 at 08:42 AM.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dado View Post
    i boil 8-12 eggs each morning and eat them as the day goes. maybe i will pop 2 immediately, or 4, and have 6 or 3 at 2pm.
    This. I hard boil eggs during the week and eat those in the a.m. I don't have time to make them each morning, so I do it on my lunch hour or on the weekend or whenever I have time. i effing LOVE hard-boiled eggs!!!! i eat them with fancy gourmet salt *pinky out*

also, I bought some plain full fat yogurt, but I hate it lol but i eat it because i bought it. but i'm thinking it's not worth it and i should just stop being cheap about it because it's better to enjoy your food while you eat it. but, it's definitely convenient for me to keep the yogurt in the fridge at work (no one else here wants to eat full fat yogurt; win!) i sprinkle stevia on it to tolerate it xD

Unicorn is offline Senior Member
    I will make a batch of hamburgers, chicken legs, or sausages. Put in freezer. Nuke while prepping kid's lunch. Eat.

activia is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I like hard boiled eggs with homemade mayo with spinach/and or broccoli.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast