Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lunch Time Favourites In The Office page

primalmrs is offline Junior Member

Lunch Time Favourites In The Office

Shop Now
    Hi everyone just reading through some of the gorgeous recipes out there :P YUM!
    Now I'm wondering what are your favourite lunch time treats, especially those of you who work in an office like me.
    The main thing I would like to get back from this post is; getting a quick n simple idea that I will really look forward to at lunch time, just like I used to think about those lovely cheese sandwiches on tiger bread.

Ps just did the cookie recipe previously posted, omg amazing :P

x

lanz is offline Junior Member
    A big salad with leftover broiled salmon is a winner in my book.

Angieh is offline Senior Member
    Personally, I hate it when my coworkers bring anything fishy for lunch.

Anything else leftover from night before is good in my book!

VeloCity.X is offline Senior Member
    My co-workers hate it when I bring fish, broccoli, or cabbage. It's a real pain in the butt. I end up bringing whatever the hell I want, but if it's something smelly I won't heat it much.

Too many of them eat hot pockets and lean cuisine every day.

And yeah, leftovers are the way to go. Just finished packing up left over spaghetti squash with bolognese sauce for a couple of days next week. Left overs with a big mixed green salad is my typical lunch.
    Trying a journal. We'll see how long that lasts....

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37152.html

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    I work in a small assembly plant, but it's kind of "office-y."

Most of the guys live on microwave burritos and hot pockets. YUCK! Every few weeks the office folks buy doughnuts for the taking. No thanks.

Lunch for me is typically left overs from the previous night's dinner. Sometimes I make tuna salad and eat it over baby spinach. Other times it's a quick whey & coconut milk shake. Egg salad. Usually, however... just leftovers.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    I'm a fan of roll-ups. You can use either cabbage leaves or collards as the wrap, then put yer meat and various raw vegetables (cucumber, avocado, red bell pepper, jicama, cilantro or basil). Toothpick to hold them together during transport. Make a dipping sauce. My fave right now is Thai style. Low smell, so you are not annoying coworker-type person.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Oh, here's a tip when using leaves to make your wraps: pare off the part of the middle spine that is elevated above the rest of the leaf so that it is now flush with the entire leaf. Then take a glass, turn it sideways, and roll it over the remaining spine to crush it. That will soften the spine up nicely so it won't give you grief as you are rolling your wrap together.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VeloCity.X View Post
    My co-workers hate it when I bring fish, broccoli, or cabbage. It's a real pain in the butt. I end up bringing whatever the hell I want, but if it's something smelly I won't heat it much.

Too many of them eat hot pockets and lean cuisine every day.

And yeah, leftovers are the way to go. Just finished packing up left over spaghetti squash with bolognese sauce for a couple of days next week. Left overs with a big mixed green salad is my typical lunch.
    I hope they realize Hot pockets and Lean Cuisines are stinky too. So many times I have been in office buildings or walked by employee lounges during lunchtime and I find the aroma of microwave foods is rather repulsive.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

abstractpersona is offline Senior Member
    I work from home, but my boyfriend brings lunch to work. He comes home and giggles about how people were freaking out (in a good way) about his food. Here's some that get pouty faces from coworkers...

• Coconut chicken curry
    • Beef stew with homemade beef stock
    • Kale and chorizo soup (gotta give people more credit than I thought, if they're not repulsed by kale!, actually the chorizo spices make the kale taste great, and there's a hint of curry sweetness)
    • Roast beef with pan drippings, mashed potatoes (butter, garam masala, cloves, 3 parts sweet potato, 1 part white potato. I add a bit of white potato to give it a good fluffy texture. I make mashed-anything, but it needs white potato for the good fluffy texture.) maybe some peas or green beans.
    • Very thinly sliced, spicy chili pork chops, thin red pepper and thin cucumber slices when in season.Eat cold.
    • Roasted parsnip and carrot sticks (roll in butter before roasting, needs NOTHING else), good with rotisserie chicken or... anything, really.

• Pulled pork (we make plenty, to share. We bring buns or lettuce to wrap in)

We eat leafy greens (besides soup kale) at home; they don't microwave very well as leftovers, as expected ;-)
    I agree not to bring fish-anything or egg-anything.
    My smartphone makes me about $100 per month
    Updating my journal again after a 2 year break.

PrimalPumpkin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think most processed microwave food smells worse than cabbage, fish or eggs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast