Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lunch Time Favourites In The Office page 2

pjgh is offline Senior Member
    I like long lettuce leaves, some meat, some cottage cheese, some mustard (English, of course ... what else?) and a boiled egg. Easy!

Kelly Barr is offline Member
    I absolutely love shrimp. Frozen already cooked, then put in hot water to thaw. Eat with Red Hot sauce and sinac and vinegar. My all time favorite.

Tweet30346 is offline Junior Member
    The other day I was running late for work and just pulled a package of steam-in-bag frozen veggies and a box of TJ's salmon burgers out of the freezer, and some chipotle mayo I had whipped up earlier. I wasnt expecting much but was oh so pleasantly surprised! I'm planning on making it a regular part of my lunch rotation. I happen to have access to a stove for frying at work, but you could easily do the salmon the night before and eat them cold if your office mates are sissies about the fish smell. But I say let the lean cuisine eaters suffer!

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    So yeah I may not be the paragon of paleo/primal eating, but besides the sushi this is a lunch I like to do a lot.

Tapioca Bread with homemade mayo, mustard, spinach, applegate farms meat and cheese
    Beat/Parsnip/Sweet Potato Chips

Today I threw a sushi roll in but normally that would be some fruit.

It's quick, easy, and super delicious and it works for me. The chips are not an every day thing as they don't use the best oils, but I enjoy them from time to time.

edit: just as an example, the other day I had a sandwich with a pork chop and some peaches

TheDarkMistress is offline Senior Member
    I love a BAS made w/ romaine, spinach, little bits of fresh veggies like carrots, red cabbage, and cauliflower, then topped w/ crumbled bacon, boiled egg, and a small amount of a highly flavored cheese (like blue vein) and homemade evoo dressing. People are always checking out my awesome salads.
    cj

height: 5' 10 1/2"
    2/20/11: 210
    9/19/11: 185.5
    goal: #170

"Decide what to be, and go be it."

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    My regular lunch is a large sweet potato cooked in the microwave with goat's butter, soft goats cheese, spring onion and some salad leaves on the side. The CW sheep comment 'what - sweet potato again?'. My standard response is 'yep I eat sweet potato around 5 times a week. How often do you eat wheat?'.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

jqbancroft is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivvin View Post
    So yeah I may not be the paragon of paleo/primal eating, but besides the sushi this is a lunch I like to do a lot.

Tapioca Bread with homemade mayo, mustard, spinach, applegate farms meat and cheese
    Beat/Parsnip/Sweet Potato Chips

Today I threw a sushi roll in but normally that would be some fruit.

It's quick, easy, and super delicious and it works for me. The chips are not an every day thing as they don't use the best oils, but I enjoy them from time to time.

edit: just as an example, the other day I had a sandwich with a pork chop and some peaches

Do you buy or make that tapioca bread?

Paleosence is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Everyone at my work eats a salad with protein, either low or no carb. Not cause they are all primal, just cause they have discovered it's the best fuel to keep you going strong through the afternoon. It's funny when a new person starts and brings in a high carb lunch. It doesn't take long to retrain them. The other day, a co-worker counted 6 avocados in the fridge, waiting to be cut up for various lunches. My salads are fantastic. I make extra veggies (including sweet potato) the night before, and cut them up cold with the rest of the salad stuff. My protein is usually extra meat I cooked the night before. I try to avoid tinned fish, but at a pinch it's better than other options. I don't take eggs, cause I already had three for breakfast. I'll even put extra cooked fish from the night before, any kind, and eat it cold in the salad. With a nice dressing, yummy. I used to put nuts and seeds in my salads, but don't bother now (apart from the avocado).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12