Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Losing bodyfat and adding muscle? page

Dollface is offline Member

Primal Fuel

Iíve just started a weight training program, Iím wanting some advice in terms of continued fat loss while adding muscle. Iíve already lost 30kg eating Primal and still have a bit to go. Iím 32.8% Body fat (done with calipers this morning) and hoping to get down to around 20% and change my body composition. Question is do I need to adjust my eating to adding more food in general? Iím eating approx 70% fat, 21% protein, 9% carbs at the moment.

I donít want to eat too much more and find I gain body fat but I donít want to not eat enough for muscle growth. Is it possible to continue to lose body fat while adding muscle? Iím a little confused about this..CW says to you have to eat more in order to gain muscle but Iím thinking that may not be right since all other CW is wrong. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Tarlach is offline Member

It sounds like you are on the right track already. I eat similar percentages and I have lost fat while gaining muscle.

Just eat until you feel you have eaten enough. Don't 'carb up' or go out of your way to stuff food in. If your body needs a bit more energy, you will just feel like eating more..

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

ē Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . ē Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . .ē Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    ē Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . ē Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . ē Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
    ē Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

westernman Guest

If your body is new to weight training it will respond really well for your first few months. Use this time to feel things out, your eating already looks fine. Just remember as you gain muscle you may begin to eat a little more, dont sweat it, it will only help not hurt. Dont neglect your strength training..enjoy.

Suz Guest

Dollface, wow 9% with carbs?! That is amazing.. would you mind posting what you eat in a typical day?

Dollface is offline Member

Tarlach - Thanks heaps, pleased you are doing similar percentages and it's working for you, hopefully it does for me to, I guess I won't be afraid to add a bit more protein and fat my body tells me to.

Westernman - Thanks for the encouragement, I'm looking forward to seeing improvements and I do love weights.

Suz - Yeah it vary's but it's usually around that give or take, I more of less go by hunger and filling up on protein, vegies and plenty of fat. You can check out my blog with one of my latest food diary's http://primaljourney.blogspot.com/20...and-stats.html

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Dollface, I was just wondering (off topic) if your blog has an RSS url. I'm trying to find a way to subscribe to it using bloglines but don't see how... only that blogger "follow" thing (but I don't use blogger so that's inconvenient).

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Conan Guest

First of all, congrats on your weight loss. That is a major accomplishment. In looking at your diet, I doubt that you are eating enough to add any muscle. It is very difficult to simultaneously lose fat and add muscle. Even elite bodybuilders struggle with it.

Having said that, since you are new to weight training you may experience "newbie" gains and you will definitely see benefits even if you don't add any muscle. It is best to prioritize your goals - is gaining muscle more important than losing fat? If so, then you are not eating anywhere near enough food.

Ecala is offline Junior Member

Dollface, I checked out your blog and you look fantastic! Great job.

Nick Guest

I'd like to see an estimate of your actual protein consumption in grams. 20% might be fine if you're eating 2000 calories a day (100g protein), but if you're eating 1200 calories a day you'd be on the low side for trying to gain muscle.

Suz Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Anyone know what IS the right ratio of carbs, protein, and fats for weight loss for women?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast