Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So rice is cool? page 3

Chochobo is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by spughy View Post
    I think he was maybe lying a little bit. Sea eel isn't AS fatty as freshwater eel, but it's just as fatty as fish like salmon or black cod (sablefish). Besides which, most sushi places I've been to baste the eel with a sauce that's really high in sugar. Now, I'm not saying it isn't the tastiest thing in the sushi place - because it most definitely is and I'm drooling as I think about it - but it's got just as much fat as mackerel. That's why it tastes so damn good - right up there with the toro...
    ya i figured but seeing as tho i didnt eat any other fat i thought well 2 pieces wont hurt... i mainly eat shrimp, octopus, halibut oh man i better stop i want some now.
    "Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we often might win, by fearing to attempt." -- William Shakespeare

my weight loss story...
    started @400+pounds
    CW: 191lbs 15%BF
    PB: 158lbs 10%BF 33in waist
    UD2(6 weeks): 168lbs 9%BF 31in waist
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread39123.html

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spughy View Post
    I think he was maybe lying a little bit. Sea eel isn't AS fatty as freshwater eel, but it's just as fatty as fish like salmon or black cod (sablefish). Besides which, most sushi places I've been to baste the eel with a sauce that's really high in sugar. Now, I'm not saying it isn't the tastiest thing in the sushi place - because it most definitely is and I'm drooling as I think about it - but it's got just as much fat as mackerel. That's why it tastes so damn good - right up there with the toro...
    One of the best meals I ever had - long before primal - in Hakata in southern Japan, which is known for its eels. The restaurant menu is "half an animal, or the whole animal" - that's the translation. I went for the whole animal. The catch it in the tank, spear it, filet, and grill it in front of you, takes about 5 minutes to your table, practically twitching, with the deepest darkest kind of Japanese sauce you've ever tasted - think dark roasted not-that-sweet teriyaki, sort of. over a bed of white rice. AMAZING.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Paleobirdy is offline Senior Member
    I would be more concerned about frying in walnut oil than eating a bit of rice. Before I did the leptin reset and had cravings, I used to judge carbs by how much they increased cravings. A tablespoon or two of white rice occasionally was no problem.

A tbs or two. Man that's 2 pieces of sushi if that. I go thru about 30 to 40 pieces one sitting at sushi buffet on refeeds. That's barely what 240g of carbs childs play.
    "Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we often might win, by fearing to attempt." -- William Shakespeare

my weight loss story...
    started @400+pounds

alg2435 is offline Senior Member
    Try wild rice! It's all wild seeds, not really even rice. A lot more nutrients, there!

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Yea, but there are many more anti-nutrients in wild rice, too. IMO it's silly to compare nutrients in a starch source since they're all very lacking. The difference in nutrition between white rice and wild rice is very little in the grand scheme of things, but white rice is so much cleaner I'd rather use it and just make up the nutrition with other food.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Blah is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalMark View Post
    Rice AINT primal. If you think eating like a chinese field worker is primal then you need to read MS's book again folks. Hate to sound nasty but just relax on the rice. Heck, are you doing Dr McDougall or Mark Sisson? lol!

McDougall is a skinny rice dweeb. I dont want to be a stick either so bulk up and leave the chronic cardio for the posers.
    Another post from you thats full of shit, you are just plain wrong.

Posted once before, but you should read it this time - Is Rice Unhealthy? | Mark's Daily Apple

Another one - White Rice: Agent of Disease, a Sensible Choice, or Healthsaver? | Free The Animal
    www.back-to-primal.blogspot.com or on Facebook here

My training journal if anyone is interested

Be strong to be useful

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Rice AINT primal. If you think eating like a chinese field worker is primal then you need to read MS's book again folks. Hate to sound nasty but just relax on the rice. Heck, are you doing Dr McDougall or Mark Sisson? lol!

McDougall is a skinny rice dweeb. I dont want to be a stick either so bulk up and leave the chronic cardio for the posers.
    Just because something is neolithic doesn't mean it's unhealthy. Rice is very similar to white potato, yet it's lower GI and lower in anti-nutrients. It's one of the healthiest starch sources in terms of anti-nutrients.

Lifting weights isn't Primal, either. I doubt Grok had a weight bench, an Olympic bar and 300 lbs of iron plates, yet everyone in the Primal/Paleo world seems to advocate it. It's a lot safer than dragging a rock, too.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

theres a bunch of things that arent primal yet ppl do it anyway. nuts, coffee, like choco said lifting weights, etc. ur looking at primal in the wrong light, i see primal as a way of living healthfully, for me 90% of my meals i cook myself, i dont consume any nuts, fraken oils, wheats or legumes. i smash the gym and feel great about it. so if eating white rice is wrong on refeeds than mark me as anti-primal... because im toxic free and happier than ive ever been.

my weight loss story...
    started @400+pounds

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123