Thread: Anyone Lifting Heavy Things with Slow Burn? page

Plaid Dad is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

I recently started using the Slow Burn Fitness Revolution home workout as my way to Lift Heavy Things (other than a full snow shovel!). Just wondering if anyone else is using this program and how it's worked for you.

I've also been reading the kettlebell thread with interest, as I'd like to move in that direction in a few months when I've built up some strength.

Pikaia is offline Junior Member

I hadn't heard of it before, but now I'm intrigued. How is it going? Looks like he's got a book for helping kids develop strength too.

buffalo is offline Junior Member

When I started with kettlebells, I had no upper body strength to speak of. Kettlebells are very good at correcting that! You can start at anytime, just use lighter bells. I started by using the wee little 8 kg bell for many exercises.

Plaid Dad is offline Junior Member

Pikaia, so far so good. Going slo-mo makes me pay more attention to form and I haven't had any aches or pains other than the normal feeling of muscles working hard.

Buffalo, good to know about the KB. I just have to be humble and start where I am, I guess, even if that place seems wimpy right now. [g]

bonesheal Guest

PrimalCon New York

It's a lot like Body by Science. I've been doing it with good results and very little time spent.