Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TKBSJ's Primal Jounral (...and accountability) page

TKBSJ is offline Member

TKBSJ's Primal Jounral (...and accountability)

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm notoriously terrible for cheeky cheating when it comes to improving my health and fitness. I look around and think "who's going to know" This is my attempt to make sure someone knows so I think twice before taking an easy way out...

I have been moving toward a more primal way of life after an urge to get more holistic in my health, fitness, emotional and pyschological wellbeing...a massive ambition but I'm hoping the 'divide and conquer' tactic will work out for me (..I think I read that somewhere on this site)

Stats

Weight - I honestly haven't weighed myself in about 6 months (last time I checked it was 63kg - sorry, I'm Australian and don't know the conversion)

Height - Not tall enough to weigh 63kg!!

It's only 11am but so far I have consumed 2 whole eggs fried in dairy free butter with a small serve of smoked salmon. A handful of raw walnuts while typing this.

So...I guess I need to press send so I'm offically commited!

TKBSJ is offline Member
    Oh dear!!! I spelt Journal wrong, ha ha! Does anyone know if the thread title can be changed?

TKBSJ is offline Member
    I had my Asana well and truly kicked last night. I've been thinking how Bikram yoga is like Primal, I'm not doing it because I LOVE it, I do it because it makes me feel amazing...

What are the thoughts on Tofu? Too carby or a-okay?

TKBSJ is offline Member
    I just put the word out re: Tofu/Soy and I have been directed to a few scary articles. Some soy good, some soy bad! TKBSJ Confused!

I have decided to experiment with Soy and how it makes me feel. For the next week I will substitute my daily small soy coffee with unsweetened Green Tea...I wonder how my tummy will feel after giving up the soy and whether I will be able to forgo the daily coffee hit that has unfortunately become a habit...

alg2435 is offline Senior Member
    If you still want to have coffee, use coconut milk! It's wonderful!

TKBSJ is offline Member
    Thanks alg2435, I will have to pop to to grocery store to grab some!

I got home last night to a messy kitchen and a lovely meal prepared by my boy. He must have spent most of the afternoon slaving away to cook me a beautiful italian meal. I haven't yet broken the 'primal news' to him and I couldn't bear to see a disppointed face so I ate as little as I could without arousing suspicion!

It sure tasted great but it felt like I had eaten a brick and I'm still getting a sore stomach 12 hours later! I am now more determined to follow primal because I now KNOW how great it makes me feel and that I'm not missing out on anything!

I was hoping to start to see results before breaking the news but maybe now is the time? or, I could just give him a hug, thank him and say "I can't wait for you to cook my your famous steak!" haha

TKBSJ is offline Member
    I was reading a lot about Carb Flu on the forums yesterday and was having a little chuckle about how it hasn't affected me. I was feeling quite smug about it and then BAM, Carb Flu set in half way through Bikram Yoga...it was awful and it's still awful. If purging carbs makes me feel this terrible imagine what it was doing to my body when I was consuming them non stop!?

I feel quite dizzy and can't focus or think...not to mention I'm crankier than a bear!

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    I hope it passes soon, its not nice

TKBSJ is offline Member
    Thanks for your kind thoughts Ayla2010...and I'm based on the Nothern Beaches

Carb Flu? Definitely regular flu...for some reason I thought I would become invincible eating and exercising well! I'm afraid not...a weekend on the couch indulging in whatever I felt like (mostly carbs) means I'm well and truly OFF the wagon. Bummer, I was going sooo well! I'm trying not to beat myself up and am very determined to get back to primal right...NOW

I'm back at work today so I can better control what I eat while I'm at my desk. Smoked Salmon + eggs for breakfast. Fruit + handful of walnuts about 10 minutes ago.

I'm back on the horse and I'm excited! (although Bikram is going to be a massive struggle tonight)

I can still see the Bikini body at the end of the year and that alone is spurring me on!

TKBSJ is offline Member
    It turns out Felafel is bad too - dang! At least they're relatively low in carbs! I thought I was going really well but there's obviously still a lot to be learnt!

Felafel + Salad for lunch

A handful of walnuts to get me through to dinner after Yoga...hopefully about 9:15pm. I don't like eating late but it's worth eating late + doing yoga than not doing Yoga at all!!

Planning on chicken + veg for dinner. Some here might crucify me for the chicken not being grass fed and the vegies not being organic but I have to say, at least I'm headed in the right direction!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast