Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TKBSJ's Primal Jounral (...and accountability) page 3

TKBSJ is offline Member
    Shop Now
    I was feeling a bit annoyed I ate toast this morning so put today's food through Fitday!

Calories - 978
    Fat - 51.6
    Carbs - 41.7
    Protein - 86.9

From a numbers perpective today looks like a great day for weight loss

TKBSJ is offline Member
    I just watched Fat Head - wow, it really was succinct in explaining why eating primally is really the best for me. Particularly the below (which I will think about should I want to reach for another piece of toast!)

Insulin spikes from carbohydrates & sugar, Insulin is the hormone that determines whether you store fat.

After yesterday's terrible breakfast I started the day off really well. I'm not hungry at all either which is nice - usually I'm dying for lunch!

Breakfast - 3 x eggs with heavy cream (scrambled) + half cup berries with heavy cream.

So far we're working with
    Total Calories - 356

Fat - 27.3
    Protein - 20.9
    Carbs - 7.9

I'm not sure what lunch or dinner will look like just yet but will post the #'s tomorrow!

TKBSJ is offline Member
    Lunch of chicken + leafy greens + Bocconcini + Green Tea + 2 x squares 85% dark chocolate.

Here's what we're looking at for the day...

Total Calories - 946

Fat - 60g
    Carbs - 25g
    Protein - 78.2g

Looking like another good food day (although carbs are really low...could probably afford a few nuts but there's none here!) - woo! We're going to the pub for dinner tonight so I'm thinking a nice juicy steak and veggies will set off a good eating day. Unfortunately no Bikram today - planning to do a double on Saturday to make up for missing today...

TKBSJ is offline Member
    I ate more food yesterday than I'm used to eating and for the first time in a LONG time cleaned up absolutely everything on my plate at dinner with absolute rigour...perhaps I'm becoming more like a cave-lady every day

Don't you hate when you ask for your dinner 'without chips' and they throw them on your plate anyway? I'm pretty sure I could see the fat chef sniggering from the kitchen! I know you have a choice about what you eat but I'd honestly eaten them before I know I had...I was THAT ravenous!

Dinner was steak + Chips + Soda water + Salad

Total numbers for yesterday...

Total Calories - 1625

Fats - 99g
    Carbs - 45g
    Protein - 136.2g

It's more calories than the past couple of days but obviously my body needed it (given I gobbled up more food than normal!). I'm not happy with the chip consumption but mainly for the oils, not the potato. I can definitely fit the chips in my 20% for the week.

TKBSJ is offline Member
    I feel fantastic this morning - I think it must have been from what I ate yesterday. My little nephew was born yesterday so I couldn't make it to Yoga...my yoga instructor just emailed to tell me that I can do a double session on Saturday to make up for it...It's going to be ass hard but I'm quite excited about the challenge of it (I've wanted to do it before but was a bit scared...now I can't wimp out!)

Food for the day...

Breakfast - 1/2 cup of mixed berries + Full fat cream. 8oz full cream coffee.
    Lunch - 1/4 chicken + leafy greens + bocconcini + tomato + green tea + 2 squares dark chocolate

I have been finding it really useful to track my breakfast and lunch to see how I'm going and will usually determine what to eat for dinner to get to where I need to be. I wont do this forever but it's really helping me understand what food combinations work and what might tip me over the edge.

So...here's the numbers broken down for breakfast & lunch.

Total Calories - 788
    Fats - 43g
    Carbs - 34.4g
    Proteins - 67g

I've got Bikram Yoga tonight and so with a dinner of meat + veg or salad I should be having another great day eating primal...small victories = big victories!

TKBSJ is offline Member
    I said in an earlier Journal entry that I wanted to get the food going strong before I go primal with the exercise (...will continue with my Bikram & slow bikeriding habit until then)

Here's my primal resolution;

January - Get the eating under control and in the weight loss sweet spot for most days (not going to beat myself up if I'm not 100%) + Complete the 20 day Bikram Yoga Challenge.

February - Start with the heavy lifting aspect of primal

March or April - Start with the sprinting 'once in a while' (aiming for March but could be April depending on how my messed up knees respond to the heavy lifting...sprinting generally = dislocated knees so I have to make sure my knees are strong enough first!

May - Add a little cardio - beach running!

TKBSJ is offline Member
    I felt like I had a really great week last week and am very happy to report that I was 95% Paleo on the weekend (first time in, well...probably ever! a Can of Coke as a little treat last night) The only disapointment was that I was meant to do a Bikram double on Saturday...unfortunately I just couldn't do it and I completely crashed out for a nap in the afternoon (very unlike me). I can feel my body fighting some kind of a cold/flu/throat infection so I'm planning to look after myself and hope I can do the double next Saturday

My goal this week is to drink more water - at least 1 litre per day while I'm sitting at my desk.

Breakfast - 2 x eggs + heavy cream + smoked salmon

Total calories - 235
    Carbs - 2.1
    Fats - 17.6
    Protein - 17.0

Lunch - 1/4 chicken + leafy greens + bocconcini + tomato + green tea + 2 squares dark chocolate

Total Calories - 511
    Fats - 32.4
    Carbs - 15.0
    Proteins - 40.8

I'm not sure what's happening for dinner yet but it will likely be meat + BBQ vegies following day 6 of the challenge!

Total Calories - 746
    Fats - 50g
    Carbs - 17.1
    Proteins - 57.8

TKBSJ is offline Member
    I've decided what I'm having for dinner tonight so I plugged my daily intake into FitDay...here's my numbers for the day.

Dinner - BBQ Vegies (trying to fight off the cold and no time to pick up protein before Bikram!)

Mushrooms + Capsicum + Eggplant + Zucchini + Tomato + 2 squares super dark chocolate

Total Calories - 895
    Fat - 58.3
    Carbs - 40.1
    Protein - 58.3

Exercise - Bikram Yoga (Day 6 of the 20 day challenge)

TKBSJ is offline Member
    I just did a few 'googles' and calculations and discovered I need about 1500 calrories to lose the weight I want to...seems I'm going pretty well so far, it's now all about consistency!

TKBSJ is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Feeling RUBBISH today, I think I've skipped the begining stages of the cold and it's heading straight to my chest - great to have missed the start and hoping Bikram will sweat out the rest with a few more sessions - remaining optimistic

I couldn't have dinner after a tough Bikram class last night so I indulged in a little IF - this means though my calories for yesterday was only 746, half of where I need to be to lose weight. I think I should be eating a little more but I don't really feel like eating at the moment!

Breakfast this morning - 1/2 cup Berries + full fat cream + 80z full fat coffee

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast