Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TKBSJ's Primal Jounral (...and accountability) page 2

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    yep you are heading in the right direction, just no grains is even a good stuff. Plenty of people can't buy grass fed or organic all the time, but its still better than grains

TKBSJ is offline Member
    It's been a while since I've written, I've been trying to make myself make healthier choices because they're healthier, not because I want to avoid someone finding out I've eaten badly or feeling I have to post here (as was my original intention)

I have to say, it's going pretty well. I haven't weighed myself since commencing this new lifestyle and I have lost close to 3kg. Not ony have I lost a few kg's I've lost the mood swings and the suffocating feeling of second guessing my choices or feeling bad for not doing chronic cardio! It's completely liberating and I know that I have found my lifestyle, not just a new way of eating.

I'm still learning what's good and what's bad, although I have to keep reminding myself that I'm still doing well even though I'm not as 100% as some of the people on this forum.

Meals for today
    Breakfast - Coffee (my 20%)
    Lunch - 1/4 chicken + lots of leafy greens
    Before Bikram Yoga treat - Mixed berries + a tablespoon full fat cream (yummm)
    Dinner - Steak + BBQ vegies (capsicum, eggplant, zucchini, tomato)

Wow! This post is amazingly upbeat. Perhaps it's all that Bikram Yoga? I'm 3 days into a 10 day challenge (Bikram every day for 10 days) and I feel amazing. I think I might use this post to reflect on when/if I feel like throwing it all in for a hamburger (which at this point, makes my stomach turn!)

TKBSJ is offline Member
    Day 4 of the Bikram Yoga challenge today and I'm feeling great, if not a little bit tired. Unfortunately the tiredness means I'm having a coffee two days in a row. I wont beat myself up, just ditch the cream when I have my pre-yoga snack tonight!

Breakfast - coffee
    Lunch - 1/4 chicken + leafy greens
    Before Bikram treat - Berries! (hold the cream, see above)
    Dinner - Salmon + big salad (to be cooked by my gorgoeus boy while I'm at Bikram!)

I am trying to be as commited as possible (sans the coffee) with a big christmas dinner coming up on Saturday - although it's Japanese so it's not the worst option.

TKBSJ is offline Member
    I'm happy to report to, well...myself, that eating was really good on the weekend!

Today's menu;
    Breakfast - Coffee
    Lunch - 1/4 chicken + salad
    Pre Yoga snack - Berries + full fat cocunut cream (first time trying this!)
    Dinner - Red curry with lots and lots of vegies...meat free tonight so I've got full fat dressing on my lunch and on my berries before Yoga

Bikram update - Day 8 of the challenge, only 3 classes to go. Everything has happened that I could have used as an excuse not to go (car accident, locking keys in the apartment) but I have stuck at it!

Feeling a bit bloated today...hopefully feel better tomorrow!

TKBSJ is offline Member
    Bikram challenge - Day 9 and feeling fine

I have noticed that I seem to be eating the same foods daily, it's super convenient but I'm wondering what the #'s look like on FitDay...may run them through to see how I'm going...

Breakfast - Coffee
    Lunch - Chicken + Salad + FF Mayonaise
    Pre Bikram snack - Berries + coconut cream (YUM)
    Dinner - Kangaroo stir fry with loads of vegies

Not as bloated today but feel I've hit the slim down plateau...I've noticed a difference in myself almost daily but haven't noticed the past few days. Hmm, I can sense I need to stay focused or I could very easily go backwards.

TKBSJ is offline Member
    ...I have just punched my food for today (and honestly, wont stray drastically from pretty much what I eat everyday!)

Total Calories - 2030
    Fats - 92.8g
    Carbs - 70.1
    Protein - 235.4g (this seems really huge although I didn't have much protein yesterday so I guess it balances out?)

Calroies burnt in Bikram - roughly 600-700

I'm quite surpised to see how high the carb count is without breads & grains. My morning coffee + pistachios really accounted for most of my carbs. I will cut my coffee down to a small size to maximise the benefits.

According to PB I'm within the 'sweet spot' for weightloss. It's really reassuring to know I'm on the right track!

I'm not really following the exercise aspect of PB. I do Bikram Yoga most days and long slow bike rides on the weekends (usually both days) I'm enjoying not doing chronic cardio for once in my life and my body, joints and mindset are loving me for it! I think my plan will be to get the eating settled, comfortable and effortless and then introduce the weight bearing/sprinting aspects very slowly.

In the meantime, I'm completely geared up and excited for the second last Bikram class of the 10 day challenge!!

TKBSJ is offline Member
    I'm not sure if it's because we're close to the end of the year or if it's 9 days straight of Bikram Yoga but I am compltely exhausted today. Completely exhausted with just a hint of a headache.

Experiment - Drink 3 bottles of water before lunch to see how I feel after I'm completely hydrated.

Also - my boss gave me cookies for Christmas. I am going to do everything in my power not to eat them and give them to my boy as a little present

TKBSJ is offline Member
    Day 10 of Bikram Yoga...I feel like it was a really massive achievement for me. Not necessarily physical but mental. It was a real mental challenge to get there everyday, eat dinner late and stare at myself in the mirror doing unflattering postures. I did it! I feel a bit sense of achievement

Yesterday's food
    Breakfast - Coffee
    Lunch - Goat cheese/beetroot + rocket tart + salad
    Dinner - Taco salad (all the taco ingredients, just without the corn shells or wraps)

This morning I'm going to be easy on myself

Breakfast - The best granola in the world - 1/2 serving with blueberries and full fat yoghurt + green tea (no coffee today!)

TKBSJ is offline Member
    2012 - I'm back on the Primal route after what was a predictably indulgent Christmas. I felt I finished the year off really strong with food + exercise so I'm looking to get back to where I was in the above posts.

To start the year off focused, relaxed and energised I'm starting a 20 day Bikram Yoga challenge tomorrow.

Food for the day
    Breakfast - Cup of tea with small dash of milk + 1 sugar...oh, and a very un-primal brownie! A little 'back to work' treat
    Lunch - Big Ass Salad with some kind of protein - probably chicken!
    Dinner - Salmon and BBQ vegies (eggplant, zucchini, tomato & mushroom)

Exercise - a bike ride or walk on the beach, nothing too crazy before the challenge starts

This year one of my resolutions is to get down to 55kg (currently 61kg)

TKBSJ is offline Member
    I just had a piece of toast with peanut butter...dang! I think I'm too caught up in having 'treats' because of the Bikram Challenge that starts today. Honestly, my stomach is hating me right now!

Day 1 - Challenge

Breakfast - small coffee + 1 piece toast with peanut butter
    1 x mug of green tea.
    Lunch - Leafy greens + tomato + + cucumber + canned tuna
    Before yoga - 1/2 cup of mixed berries
    Dinner - Taco salad (ground beef, lettuce, tomato, avocado, cheese)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast