Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intermittent Fasting success stories? page

jerisprimal is offline Junior Member

Intermittent Fasting success stories?

Primal Fuel
    I am trying the lean gains style IF... Once a week I fast 16 hours (eat dinner Sunday night and then don't eat again til Monday lunch.) Not sure if I am seeing any results and wondering if anyone here can say IF is working to burn those hard to hit final fat cells.

nickdk is offline Junior Member
    So what you're saying is that you're following LG one day each week?

jerisprimal is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdk View Post
    So what you're saying is that you're following LG one day each week?
    Yes. 100% primal, incorporating one 16 hour fast once a week.

LG is a very specific approach and you can't just do it 1 day and expect results. You need to time your nutrients and you need to toggle your macro nutrients based on your training days/rest days. LG is for all days not just 1 day a week

RezH is offline Senior Member
    I used LG successfully to get to 8%BF. Every day for several months just to drop 9 lbs. It works, but follow the program, including carb/fat cycling.

Orchid is offline Senior Member
    I don't follow leangains but I do fast daily and incorporate his wisdom, with 4-ish hour eating window. IF is great and will keep you trim; and better than anything else, I believe. How long have you been fasting? I wouldn't imagine once a week would accomplish a whole lot, at least at a noticeable level.

healthseekerKate is offline Senior Member
    I started off back in February doing 18-20 hour fasts most days, and once or twice a week, doing a 24-hour fast. I noticed immediate and significant improvements in fat burning, which I had never before then been able to achieve, even with strictly primal eating (but 3 meals per day). Then, I gradually slipped into having my daily fasts last more like 14-16 hours, and after a few weeks, I realized that I had completely stopped losing fat. Once I returned to my longer 18-20 hour daily fasts, I'm again in my ideal fat-burning zone. Possibly unusual, since I'm a female and, at least according to Martin at Leangains, females often do best with ~14-hour daily fasts, while men benefit from longer ones. But then again, I'm also not following the LG macronutrient-cycling or exercise protocols, either.

How long have you been eating primally? How compliant are you? If you stick with a primal diet for long enough, it's likely that you'll stop needing to eat every few hours, and will start to find 14-16+ hour daily fasts easy to accomplish with no feeling of deprivation. I concur with Orchid that fasting only 1 day per week is unlikely to accomplish anything... But if you're just beginning a primal lifestyle, one day per week is a good place to start.
    Last edited by healthseekerKate; 11-20-2011 at 09:27 PM.

jimhensen is offline Senior Member
    I have used lean gains to lose quite a bit of weight. Not eating until noon or after helps me to keep cravings down. I am used to it by now and don't really even get hungry in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by ifine View Post
    yeah!if you're just beginning a primal lifestyle, one day per week is a good place to start.
    Yes but jerisprimal is asking in regards to Leangains, and skipping breakfast 1 day pr week has very little to do with the LG concept, so I don't think we should give jerisprimal wrong info

kitoi is offline Senior Member
    I went from 170lbs in Nov 2010

To 138lb using Eat Stop Eat, the Warrior and occasionally extended IF (40hrs)

A lot depended on my schedule and events of the day or if I had a big refeed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast