Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dropping calories in a Primal Friendly way. (weightloss question) page

Jaysyn is offline Junior Member

Dropping calories in a Primal Friendly way. (weightloss question)

Shop Now
    I'm looking to drop some calories out of my Diet since I seem to have hit a Brick wall, I've lost 35lbs thus far and still have about 35 to go.

on average I consume about 1900 calories a day which I realize is high, I have a personal trainer who is on board with Primal/paleo and he has recommended I consume about 1400-1500 calories with 225g of Protein. the Protein consumption is no problem but I seem to be at a loss where to cut out calories.

Any low cal high Protein Primal Friendly foods or tips and tricks you could share would help immensely.

Or General thoughts and suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

Paleobird Guest
    I hit that exact same wall at about the same stage of my weight loss.

This :http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29501.html

is the story of how I got past it. In general I would say to dial back the fats and increase lean protein for the duration. Take a look. I hope it can help.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Maybe you can shave some of that protein off. 900 cals of protein leaves only about 400 cals of carbs (100g carbs) and 200 cals of fat. The fat may be too low.

Paleobird Guest
    Question: Was the trainer recommending 225 actual grams of protein or grams of food that contains protein such as meat? 225 grams of pure protein does sound a little high unless you are a Conan sized guy working out really hard.

Ande is offline Senior Member
    Ha, I came on here to recommend the link that Paleobird linked you to. That thread alone helped me break through a plateau also.

Thanks Paleobird!

Oh and good luck OP and congrats on the weight loss so far!
    Last edited by Ande; 11-20-2011 at 02:29 PM. Reason: good luck to the OP!

Paleobird Guest
    You're welcome, Ande. It can be so frustrating to feel like you are doing everything right and still be stuck. And it really feel great to get past the stuck spot.

THanks For the Link! and Yes, the trainer is recommending 225g of actual Protein, he will have me running for the majority of the first bit to get fat burning, with 2 days of lifting a week then gradually shifting to less running, more lifting...

I'm 5'8 and 207lbs atm, but I am definitely and endomorph, and I have been fat since Puberty, I am wondering if thats part of it....

None the less thank you for the advice and encouragement Folks !

emmie is online now Senior Member
    I have to severely restrict calories and find that by eating more fish than meat, my calories are naturally lower. I eat salmon, but also tuna and all white fish (flouder, cod, halibut).

I happen to like fish a lot.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaysyn View Post
    THanks For the Link! and Yes, the trainer is recommending 225g of actual Protein, he will have me running for the majority of the first bit to get fat burning, with 2 days of lifting a week then gradually shifting to less running, more lifting...

I'm 5'8 and 207lbs atm, but I am definitely and endomorph, and I have been fat since Puberty, I am wondering if thats part of it....

None the less thank you for the advice and encouragement Folks !
    Wow. 225 seems a bit high. What would you say your perfect looking hot in swimwear weight would be? That number in pounds is the number of grams of protein that I would recommend shooting for.
    And careful with the running. In moderation it can be a great exercise but it can easily slip into the realm of chronic cardio and be producing more cortisol (stress) than it's worth. This can hinder weight loss.

Emmie is very right that seafood is a great way to get lots of protein bang for your caloric buck.

My Ideal weight would likely be around 165 - 170 lbs, to be honest I haven't seen the low side of 200lbs since i was 17, so I'll have to play it by ear...

As far as the Running goes I am very aware of the "chronic Cardio" issue as well as my trainer, we were talking the other day about testing training methods and Seeing what I respond to, He had his own Chronic cardio leading to cortisol issue so he understands this.

As for seafood I'm trying to develop a taste for it, Tuna and Salmon mostly at the moment, I've never really eaten fish Prior to going primal so it's a new experience for me.

Cheers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast